Home

Agree or Disagree - Be A Pro Attributes

This is a discussion on Agree or Disagree - Be A Pro Attributes within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Agree or Disagree - Be A Pro Attributes

This is basically aimed at the online side of the be a pro player.

EA should do away with allowing us to add attribute points to our players. Agree or Disagree?

As mentioned before in other threads, since people always find ways around EA's system and glitch it for extra points etc, should they use a different method?

Still give us all the options of player names, equipment etc, but when it comes to player card levels give us player type builds and not attribute points.

Have all different player builds for each card.

Example, when you get your Legend card you will have options like to use Crosby or Ovies player builds (maybe not as good as them, but you get the idea)..

Then, if you don't like what player builds EA gives ya, they can cash in with DLC and let you download teams. So if you want a certain player you have to spend the points on that team to get the player build you want.

Is this the best idea? No, but I do think it would eliminate some of the bs that goes on with people glitching the system. This has been an issue basically every year. Maybe it's time for a different take on how we upgrade our players.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Agree or Disagree - Be A Pro Attributes

Interesting idea for an alternative to the current system, Fiddy. A lot of people, such as myself, like to able to customize our guy as we wish. However, it seems every year there is some kind of issue with the system and the ability to "beat it".

FIFA has a different system for leveling BAP/OTP characters that has its own positives and negatives, however I'm not sure how well it would translate to hockey. Also, it does favor those who play a ton of games -- although offline games count for some categories -- I'm not sure how that can ever not be a major factor.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #3
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

They should go the FIFA route for their Virtual Pros. Your character's attributes get better by completing objectives. For example, let's say to get a +5 Faceoff boost you would need to win 1000 faceoffs, or to get a +3 passing boost, you would need to make 5000 tape to tape passes, etc.

Each player type would have it's own pre-set stats that grow better over time with each game you play. Height and weight would effect these stats just like they do in FIFA so the taller your guy is, the less speed and acceleration he would have but he would have much more strength, but if he was smaller, he would have more speed and acceleration, but would have little strength to protect the puck.

I play FIFA a lot, and I think that this would be the best way to to.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM   #4

Fiddy's Arena

Yeah that FIFA way sounds better than what we have now.

I just suggested what I did bc EA can't seem to get the attributes right. Always glitches for guys to exploit and ruin the experience.

But I agree QB I like to be able to create my player the way I want as well.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Probably not going to happen since that the "boost" system has been around for two years now. EA is probably making a killing off those DLC sales.

I hate boosts, but I doubt they're going anywhere due to financial reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if EA has gotten to the point where they make more profits off the DLC than they do for selling the game itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #6

Fiddy's Arena

With what I suggested the boost system could still work.

Just have to pick a player build, then add the boost slot to it. +5's etc. Only difference we just wouldnt be able to add points like we do now.

Take a Ovie build and add the plus 5's etc in passing.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I think FIFA is the way to go. Each position and player type has it's base set of attributes which are changed depending on height and weight as well as what you have accomplished over your career. No more giant players skating as fast as everyone else, and no more midgets crushing anyone. Guys would play more to their size and player type with this system.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 05-18-2011, 01:26 AM   #8
Rookie

fullmetal2405's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Probably not going to happen since that the "boost" system has been around for two years now. EA is probably making a killing off those DLC sales.

I hate boosts, but I doubt they're going anywhere due to financial reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if EA has gotten to the point where they make more profits off the DLC than they do for selling the game itself.
Unfortunately this will always be the case. I've never purchased any of the boosts so I don't know how much they cost but I can say that the boosts are pretty close to pure profit. This is an estimate because I don't know the exact margin on DLC, but I'd say roughly $12-15 in DLC sales brings in the same amount of money as one copy of the game. So yes, sadly people will always be able to buy their skill.

I do like the sounds of the FIFA system, though. I'd miss the full customization of my player, but it would give everyone a more even playing ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »