Home

Putting a forward on the point on the PP HELP

This is a discussion on Putting a forward on the point on the PP HELP within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Rookie

JamieLeeWV's Arena

OVR: 0
Putting a forward on the point on the PP HELP

Ok, so basically i want Kovalchuk at the point whenever i am on the PP on my Devils GM save. I set this on my edit lines before a game but whenever i am in game he never comes out for the PP!, i have a look at my lines in game and he is set to be at the point along with another D man (Zidlicky) on PP line 1, and as he always stays on for the full 2 minutes in real life, i set him at the point again for PP line 2 this time along with Fayne.

But whenever i actually go on a PP he is replaced each time automatically by another one of my D men, which means the i have to play him at LW on the PP at the minute and i cannot for the life of me figure out why its doing this

Is the game just too dumb to let me put a forward on the point on a PP?, or am i doing something wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Putting a forward on the point on the PP HELP

The only thing I would suggest is doing it at the main menu, and setting your lines there, instead of before the game.

I have Jordan Staal running the point on my PP in my GM mode. Never had a problem with it.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieLeeWV
Ok, so basically i want Kovalchuk at the point whenever i am on the PP on my Devils GM save. I set this on my edit lines before a game but whenever i am in game he never comes out for the PP!, i have a look at my lines in game and he is set to be at the point along with another D man (Zidlicky) on PP line 1, and as he always stays on for the full 2 minutes in real life, i set him at the point again for PP line 2 this time along with Fayne.

But whenever i actually go on a PP he is replaced each time automatically by another one of my D men, which means the i have to play him at LW on the PP at the minute and i cannot for the life of me figure out why its doing this

Is the game just too dumb to let me put a forward on the point on a PP?, or am i doing something wrong?
Try changing it up in the menu, and if that doesn't work double check to make sure your assistant coach editing rosters is turned off. Should be an option for that somewhere, can't remember where.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

some sort of glitch.. i had Malkin at center on PP1, then on PP2 i had him back on the wing. he would never be on PP1 for some reason, it would replace him with Staal. all the time!! i just thought i had it set wrong, but i didnt.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

NHL 12 won't allow you to put a player on both powerplay units. If Kovalchuk is playing the point on PP1 and LW on PP2, he will be replaced by the comp on one of those units. New glitch this year. To double-shift Kovalchuk on the PP, you have to manually edit him into PP2 and take him off the point on PP1 before you make a line change.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »