Home

NHL 13 News about GM connect from Gamerinfo.com

This is a discussion on NHL 13 News about GM connect from Gamerinfo.com within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
NHL 13 News about GM connect from Gamerinfo.com

http://youtu.be/t1ltbiq5M4U

its bit a lengthy video about 21 minutes.

wow...about UFA and RFA there is a bidding period (7 rounds) in getting the services of coveted FA..thats new. wonder how it will fan out in the game.

Yikes...drafting will be executed by the AI...it will do the selection based on your preference...i dont like the sound of this ...(oops only in online GM. but in offline, we can still do the manual draft...yeehaaww!!! )

Last edited by canucksss; 07-25-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 13 News about GM connect from Gamerinfo.com

I'm a die hard (to say the least) NHL 2k10 guy. I am actually ready to get 13 because of this mode.

However, watching the video of the gameplay I wasn't impressed. I'm going to pour myself another draft (yes, I have been on tap in my ManTown) and see if I change my thought.

Bottom line, if my 4 buddies and I can play through a franchise cooperatively online, I'm in, but.......(staying positive, I want to like this game) ......(the goalies don't impress me!, I know some of the video goalies were human controlled, but not all of it)

Last edited by shogunofharlem3; 07-25-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

That guy is pretty terrible at the game.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
However, watching the video of the gameplay I wasn't impressed.
If you mean the gameplay on that vid, I'm pretty sure it's from NHL12. At least the OTP/EASHL from the start with CHL jerseys vs Red Wings. Edit: Just checked the rest of it, yeah it's all from NHL12.

Last edited by Pearly; 07-25-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
If you mean the gameplay on that vid, I'm pretty sure it's from NHL12. At least the OTP/EASHL from the start with CHL jerseys vs Red Wings. Edit: Just checked the rest of it, yeah it's all from NHL12.
Ok, I wish he said that. As someone that played the demos for 11 and 12 and couldn't get by the skating and overall feel, I was thoroughly unimpressed with 13 by that video, especially the goalies.

However, if that is 12, then so be it. I wipe my previous statement. I was wondering how all that "13" gameplay vid was buzzing the net, I guess it didn't because it was 12.

I am extremely glad about that. My 4 buds and I are ready for some 5 man coop in a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was confused myself when I started watching it. I get it that it's difficult to get 20mins of nhl13 stuff on the background when he's telling all the stuff but still, I wish he'd have said something in the beginning or just plastered a big wall of text saying "NHL12 footage" on it.

But all that aside, I'm really excited for all the goodies we're finally getting for GM mode. It's always been my favorite mode and I can finally play online with my friends. I hate playing meaningless VS games and EASHL / OTP really hasn't been my thing. So finally, dynasty mode online in NHL.

I'm pretty sure we're not going to get custom sliders or rosters for our GM leagues but I feel this is still a huge step forward for us GM fans. And it gives EA a solid base to build and add onto in the following installments of the series, something that has been sorely lacking in the mode the previous years.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
I'm pretty sure we're not going to get custom sliders or rosters for our GM leagues.
That really kills this mode if you can't play the way you want to in your private league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »