Home

NHL 14 Features to be Revealed on Monday April 15th with Trailer and Release Date

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Features to be Revealed on Monday April 15th with Trailer and Release Date within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #33
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL 14 Features to be Revealed on Monday April 15th with Trailer and Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
They'd better bring back group celebrations!
YES.

Please. I cannot for the life of me understand why group celebrations are not in the game. So simple, yet so important.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 04-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #34
Rookie

hossafan91's Arena

OVR: 11
More realistic injuries. If a guy blocks a shot with his face or the back of hi leg (where there is no padding) more likely than not, he is going to be injured. I know they can't have blood, but if a guy gets a 4 minute penalty (usually because of blood) the guy who got hit should be out for a shift or two to get stitched up. There are a lot more of these types of things, it would make for a more realistic game.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #35
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 14 Features to be Revealed on Monday April 15th with Trailer and Release Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaFaction
To be honest, at this point they'd probably be better off just leaving Be-A-Pro on the cutting room floor.
Yeah I know, but I also feel that's people's perception simply because they haven't done anything with it at all. I mean, it's virtually the same mode as it was in NHL 09.

When NBA 2k implemented "My Player" mode in NBA 2k10 the perception was the same; "that would be cool, but I think they should work on this or that"-- Now look at the mode? What happen?-- It became their most played game mode. I'm sure they weren't expecting that to be the case, but if you look at the way the mode is design, anyone can see why it's became such a hit. MLB RTTS is another great example of how this mode type can be a hit.

Now I could go all day about the things I think need to be implemented to make the mode a success but that's another story. All I know is this; if implemented correctly, NHL Be a Pro could have the same success, BUT for now, many people think it should be scrap or that "it sucks" and that is because it's so broken and poorly implemented that that's the taste left in people's mouth.

Last edited by hockeyyt988; 04-13-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #36
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyyt988
Yeah I know, but I also feel that's people's perception simply because they haven't done anything with it at all. I mean, it's virtually the same mode as it was in NHL 09.
This is the feeling I get with pretty much everything that is in this game. It feels almost untouched (besides a few areas), when it needs a lot of touching up. It had the potential the first 3 years of becoming something great. Great online, an o.k. GM Mode, solid gameplay for the time, and BAP mode. It basically hit every single gamer imaginable. Then it's like they relaxed and didn't want to do anything else. As I've said before all it took for EA to take over the hockey gaming world was great controls, lots of online features, and better graphics than 2k. That's all it took and 2k was out of the game with 2k10. NHL 10 is when this game began to get stale for me.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #37
Rookie

CaptainSuperman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyyt988

When NBA 2k implemented "My Player" mode in NBA 2k10 the perception was the same; "that would be cool, but I think they should work on this or that"-- Now look at the mode? What happen?-- It became their most played game mode. I'm sure they weren't expecting that to be the case, but if you look at the way the mode is design, anyone can see why it's became such a hit. MLB RTTS is another great example of how this mode type can be a hit.

Now I could go all day about the things I think need to be implemented to make the mode a success but that's another story. All I know is this; if implemented correctly, NHL Be a Pro could have the same success, BUT for now, many people think it should be scrap or that "it sucks" and that is because it's so broken and poorly implemented that that's the taste left in people's mouth.
Yes. 1000x yes. I don't even like baseball, but I'm currently playing TWO careers at once, jumping back and forth between a starting pitcher and a 2nd baseman. BAP needs to shape itself up after this mode. Include short term goals that need to be completed every month or 6 weeks that include improving a stat over the time, along with a certain number of points. Also include training sessions! Breakout attempts, work in the defensive zone, faceoffs, blocking shots, anything and everything in accordance to your player type

Little things here and there that make the mode feel like more than just menus and games, things that will bring the mode to life a bit more will help this mode go a long way. RTTS included pregame batting practice, maybe NHL should include a playable pre-game skate. And while I'm not one to say a small thing like audio commentary needs to change, MLB does a very very nice job in bringing life to the game with not only play by play and analysis, but the many many things they have to say about the players, real or created (hot streaks, cold streaks, number of hits/runs/home runs in a previous game)
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #38
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSuperman
Yes. 1000x yes. I don't even like baseball, but I'm currently playing TWO careers at once, jumping back and forth between a starting pitcher and a 2nd baseman. BAP needs to shape itself up after this mode. Include short term goals that need to be completed every month or 6 weeks that include improving a stat over the time, along with a certain number of points. Also include training sessions! Breakout attempts, work in the defensive zone, faceoffs, blocking shots, anything and everything in accordance to your player type

Little things here and there that make the mode feel like more than just menus and games, things that will bring the mode to life a bit more will help this mode go a long way. RTTS included pregame batting practice, maybe NHL should include a playable pre-game skate. And while I'm not one to say a small thing like audio commentary needs to change, MLB does a very very nice job in bringing life to the game with not only play by play and analysis, but the many many things they have to say about the players, real or created (hot streaks, cold streaks, number of hits/runs/home runs in a previous game)
100% Agree!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #39
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

Maybe this means rival clubs like what you see on a prime time NBC broadcast that highlight rivals this could mean that NBC has signed on to do a T.V. Style presentation and maybe also a new broadcast team such as Doc Emerick.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #40
Rookie

BelfourThibault's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossafan91
More realistic injuries. If a guy blocks a shot with his face or the back of hi leg (where there is no padding) more likely than not, he is going to be injured. I know they can't have blood, but if a guy gets a 4 minute penalty (usually because of blood) the guy who got hit should be out for a shift or two to get stitched up. There are a lot more of these types of things, it would make for a more realistic game.
Agreed. One thing that I could never get my head around is the clearing on a penalty kill. When you go to clear the puck...say you try to slap it out of your zone. 8/10 times, the defenseman is able to keep the puck in the zone by snatching it out of the air with an open hand. I know that guys catch pucks regularly, but there's no way anyone is going to catch a clearing slapshot from 40' away with an open palm and not break something.

In addition to that, I also think it's unrealistic that players are able to lay down to block a shot when they're 30 feet away from the shooter. It's unrealistic for more than one reason.

With that said, I do think that the game is great. One thing that I DO hope eventually gets added is the inclusion of the ECHL. I'm probably in the minority there. Never cared about the ECHL, but since moving to an ECHL city (Cincinnati), I realize that it's actually a really fun league that has more talent than many realize.

BTW...just realized that I've been on OS for a decade, and I'm still a 'rookie' :P. I read the board daily, but rarely post. For the mods, site operators, etc, I want to say thank you for maintaining a great community.
NCAA- Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Mizzou

Last edited by BelfourThibault; 04-15-2013 at 03:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »