Home

2013 NHL Playoffs!

This is a discussion on 2013 NHL Playoffs! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
2013 NHL Playoffs!

So me and my roommate have been playing the NHL '13 in playoff mode and we set it up with the exact seedings as this years playoffs in real life. We then took turns selecting teams that we would use in the first round and play every game of every series. After the first round we decided that we would re-draft in the case of having 2 of your first round teams match up in the 2nd, and follow that pattern until we got to the Cup.

My Draft: Islanders, Blackhawks, Senators, Red Wings, Maple Leafs, Canucks, Kings, Rangers

Roommates Draft: Penguins, Wild, Canadiens, Ducks, Bruins, Sharks, Blues, Capitals

1st Round Match Results:

(Western Conference)

Blackhawks 4-0 over Wild
Red Wings 4-3 over Ducks
Canucks 4-0 over Sharks
Kings 4-2 over Blues

(Eastern Conference)

Islanders 4-1 over Penguins
Canadiens 4-2 over Senators
Capitals 4-3 over Rangers
Bruins 4-1 over Maple Leafs

I was able to dominate the first round series in the Western Conference winning all my match ups with 2 sweeps... The best part was that my roommate is a Sharks fan and i was able to sweep him with the Canucks (I'm a Avs fan soooo ya lol). However in the East for some reason i really struggled and was lucky to avoid being swept by the Bruins as i could not find a way to beat Rask (allowed 3 Goals the entire series). He somehow found a way to take 3 of 4 in the Eastern Conference allowing me to grab a 5-3 advantage through the 1st round.

The most surprising result was the fact that I was able to DOMINATE the Penguins with the Islanders... Tavares just went absolutely nuts in the series finishing with 8 Goals and 3 Assist (11 Points) in 5 games, 3 of which were Game Winning Goals.

So entering the 2nd round we had to redraft for the fact that i advanced all 4 of my teams and obviously i cant played myself.. and he also advanced 3 of his teams in the East.

My Teams 2nd Round: Blackhawks, Kings, Islanders, Bruins

Roommates 2nd Round: Red Wings, Canucks, Canadiens, Capitals

2nd Round Results:

(Western Conference)

Blackhawks 4-1 over Red Wings
Kings 4-1 over Canucks

(Eastern Conference)

Islanders 4-0 over Canadiens
Bruins 4-2 over Capitals

Once again my Domination in the Western Conference continued as i advanced both my teams with 4-1 series wins. The Eastern Conference this time swung into my favor as well as i advanced both the Islanders and Bruins in pretty convincing fashion.

Again the most surprising to me was the fact that i was now 8-1 with the New York Islanders and it looked like Tavares was going to be a household name by the end of the playoffs with 10 Goals 4 Assist through 9 games.

With the 4 series wins i push my series record to 9-3 against my roommate and i was joking that i should just play the CPU for a better challenge. The best stat has to be during a 16 period stretch my roommate did not score a goal, including a 37 shot shutout by Quick in a game i was outshot 37-19.

So again since this time i advanced all my teams i had to pick my team in the West and the East for the Conference Finals.

My Teams: Islanders and Kings

Roommates Teams: Bruins and Blackhawks

(Western Conference)

Blackhawks 4-3 over Kings

(Eastern Conference)

Bruins 4-0 over Islanders

I could not believe it.. he beat me in both series.. i knew i was taking a risk picking both the road teams in the Conference Finals, but specially with the way i had played with the Islanders in the first 2 series there was no way i would of ever thought i could of gotten swept, as well as think that Tavares would not record a single point in the 4 games...

In the LA/Chicago series he jumped to a 2-1 lead in the series and looked like it would be 3-1 as he was up 2-0 in Game 4 but i somehow scored 2 goals in the final 1:57 to send the game into OT, where i finally won in the 3rd OT off my 40th shot of the game.. I then won game 5 in Chicago and took a 3-2 series lead back to LA... I was up 2-0 and in a complete roll reversal he scored two 3rd period goals to once again send the game into OT where he won it 3-2 to even the series at 3-3... In Game 7, Crawford and Quick where both just insane and wasnt until a dirty goal late in the 3rd by Patrick Kane did he find a way to win the series 4-3...

Stanley Cup Finals....

My Team: Blackhawks

Roommates Team: Bruins

Results:

Game 1: 6-1 Blackhawks... (it was 0-0 to start the 3rd haha)
Game 2: 3-2 Bruins in OT (Kane tied game at 2-2 with 0.9 secs left)
Game 3: 3-2 Bruins (Krejic scored the Game Winner with 4.6 Left)

Currently down 2-1 to the new and some how improved roommate who has now won 10 of the last 14 games played between us... Starting to feel the pressure!!! But this is honestly some of the most fun i have had playing NHL in a long time and never did i think i would become such a Blackhawks fan to win the Cup because there is no way i can let him beat me with the Bruins or else i will never hear the end of it..

201 Rec. 2365 Yards 19 TD
3x All-RMAC 1x All-Colorado College Football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GBM8UAYXZw (2009-2010 highlights)

Last edited by WesternStateWR; 05-12-2013 at 04:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2013 NHL Playoffs!

Dude that sounds awesome! I wish I had a roommate now. Good luck!
Old 05-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics

Haha thanks man.. ya it has been fun for sure, and we have had some heated moments to say the least lol..

By the time we got to the Conference Finals on both sides i was really pushing hard to win with both the Islanders and Kings for the fact that those were my 2 teams in the first 2 rounds as well.. So i was really pushing for them so that i could say i took my 2 teams from both sides and advanced all the way to the Cup...

Now i get to listen to him and his nonsense that he knows how to show up when it counts.. and the worst part about it is i havent been able to prove him wrong since reaching the Conference Finals....

But as i told him.. EVERYTHING up to this point doesnt matter, all the series wins and droughts that we have both gone through dont matter unless your the one to win the Cup!

As i mentioned before I MUST WIN or i mind as well start packing and move out cause i will never hear the end of it hahaha

Old 05-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Yup ! That's why they should make Playoff and Battle for the Cup modes available as ONLINE modes.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Update:

Game 4: 5-1 Blackhawks.. Tied the series at 2-2 with explosion on O again!
Game 5: 1-0 Blackhawks.. Toews got his 12th of the Playoffs at 3:40 in 3rd!
Game 6: 1-0 Blackhawks.. GWG BY SEABROOK!!!!!! WITH 1:53 LEFT!!!!

Blackhawks win the Cup 4-2 over the Bruins!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2013, 10:34 AM   #6
Rookie

I would like to just point out that all the way back on 5-13-13 me and my roommate pretty much played out the results of the 2013 Stanley Cup finals...

Pretty crazy that we actually got 3 of the 4 teams in the Conference Finals.. as well as the Stanley Cup Match up right, when we were playing each other head to head in every game of every series.

Might need to take this to Vegas next time!

Old 06-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternStateWR
I would like to just point out that all the way back on 5-13-13 me and my roommate pretty much played out the results of the 2013 Stanley Cup finals...

Pretty crazy that we actually got 3 of the 4 teams in the Conference Finals.. as well as the Stanley Cup Match up right, when we were playing each other head to head in every game of every series.

Might need to take this to Vegas next time!
That is pretty cool
Old 06-13-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I like the result here a lot. Hopefully it works out that way in real life.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »