Home

Just how good will NHL 15 be ?

This is a discussion on Just how good will NHL 15 be ? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Just how good will NHL 15 be ?

Hello -

I have not played a hockey game since 2006. I am interested in purchasing NHL 15. What does a newbie like me need to know as regards:

Rosters -

Sliders -

and

the NHL game.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 10:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Just how good will NHL 15 be ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopiDesertPriest
Hello -

I have not played a hockey game since 2006. I am interested in purchasing NHL 15. What does a newbie like me need to know as regards:

Rosters -

Sliders -

and

the NHL game.

Thanks.
All are in the NHL game.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
Pro

puckhead73's Arena

OVR: 6

If the last game you have played was in 06, you will see massive improvement. Despite the common negativity this fanbase is so often to repeat, there has still been in some strong progress made. What system are you looking at getting it for? That can provide a different features dependent on what generation of console you buy for.
NHL13 - http://goo.gl/Gmb9sf

CYCLONIAC'S MUSIC PACK - http://goo.gl/oPQtZt
Old 08-09-2014, 04:13 AM   #4
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Who knows how good 15 will be? At the moment you could pick up NHL 08 and have fun because of the skill stick alone. After that there hasn't been too much change apart from online team play. If you jump to NHL 14 you may have a good time but the game is plagued in the offline modes with silly CPU advantages. Every team has almost a 4 1/2 star rating across the board despite who is on the team. I can't see how player ability accurately is portrayed in this series. It seems to be the way the CPU boosts itself to get obvious advantages in play. This isn't to say it is unbeatable, fat from it but after a while it can be frustrating but it is up to each person to make their own fun. Also you have to accept that the puck consistently bounces off the back boards straight up vertically like an over inflated basketball that has been slammed into the ground. Again this just gives the CPU time to come in and take back the puck. Also the CPU almost never commit penalties and the defensive options such as sick lift and poke check get nerfed in the updates and become absolute liabilities in offline play.

Personally i think 15 will just be 14 with new commentary and presentation. It may look pretty but I reckon the game itself will be very much what we already have. The marketing department for this series hypes new things every year. I remember back to 2009 or 2010 when the physics engine was to be given a stage by stage over haul. I don't think much really changed though. I don't think much will this time either.

Bottom line, if you have been out of it for so long any nhl game since 08 on will be different to 06.

Last edited by 18 eighty 5; 08-09-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

I own a PS-4.

thanks for the input.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »