Home

Regarding OTP for PS4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on Regarding OTP for PS4 and Xbox One within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon4 Regarding OTP for PS4 and Xbox One

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about what is going to happen with the upcoming release of NHL 15 on the newest gen systems.

For clarification, and so that people are not let down or irate later, it should be known that what we officially have heard is as follows:

EASHL or Club is not supposed to be able to make it into this year's game at all.

OTP (Online Team Play) will not be released at launch on the disc for play. It is expected to be included via patch at some point. There is no official timeframe for this to occur. However, recent word from EA would indicate that they are close, but still with how patches work they never know how long it will take to get verified and be ready for launch.

From what we know though, this version of OTP is not the same as the one where you create your own character and play against other created characters. But rather it is going to be NHL players on NHL teams. Meaning you will pick real teams to start and then choose your real player from there.

This is all that was confirmed by producers at EA at this time. There is no word that any other form of OTP will be in this year's game or that there will be rankings or leaderboards for individual players playing OTP online as there has been in the past.

Please take this into account as I have seen a lot of people stating that they are upset with the lack of online game modes but that they are happy that there is at least an OTP mode coming at some point. This could make a bad situation worse if people are expecting one thing and get another after everything that has gone down.

Please do not turn this into a flame thread or anything like that. The only intention is to clarify what is actually known and expected versus what misconceptions are floating around out there. Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Regarding OTP for PS4 and Xbox One

I wonder if you'll be able to invite friends to be on your NHL team and vs another group of friends on another NHL team? Or will it be a random lobbies type thing?
Old 08-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I wonder if you'll be able to invite friends to be on your NHL team and vs another group of friends on another NHL team? Or will it be a random lobbies type thing?
From what I understand there won't be lobbies until later, so I guess it will be like NBA 2k's team up where they automatically stick you on a position. I hope I misunderstood that though.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #4
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

There isn't much more info at this time. I, personally, am imagining it being like a drop-in game where you then race to fill up the positions available, first come, first choice. The first people in get to choose the teams and jerseys. Which would be a mess because I would imagine you will see a lot of LA, Chicago, Boston and Pittsburgh being chosen. And then some MTL and NYR for a change of pace because of their goalies.

It will be really disappointing if there is no true way to play with friends against other groups. But it would not be surprising.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

This is how the original OTP was started in what, 08 I do believe. It was all NHL teams etc and you just picked a position to play.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 10:57 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

What about more than one player in Versus mode? Once there is OTP will that also happen as well?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

Not being able to create your own skater for otp has changed my thought for buying this next gen now. Hmm.. so disappointing.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:03 PM   #8
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilkman24
Not being able to create your own skater for otp has changed my thought for buying this next gen now. Hmm.. so disappointing.
im pretty certain that OTP will have lobbies when the mode gets patched.
so once we get that we can run some decent NHL/AHL/EURO leagues.

that will def. keep us playing until NHL 16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »