Home

GM Connected Offline

This is a discussion on GM Connected Offline within the EA Sports NHL Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
GM Connected Offline

Haven't been here in a while, thought I'd check the temperature of the room.

I’ve come here fishing for interest in what would essentially be an offline Connected Fantasy Season. If EA doesn’t seem to want to give it to us officially, why not try to do it by other means?

What if someone (me) was to host a Twitch channel that allowed you to draft your team and actually coach that team toward victory? What if I was to pick a “match of the night” as voted on by chat, and have the GM of both teams call the shots on when to line change, or substitute, or pull the goalie? Wouldn’t that be better than traditional fantasies where you just load up on scorers and hope for the best, or better than watching someone pay their way through HUT?

It’s just in the idea stage right now, but I’m quite tired of watching HUT players and I thought this would be fun. If there is enough interest I plan on starting the channel and working out all the bugs of this idea using NHL 20, and than going full nerd with a live draft stream when the new game comes out in September. I also plan on having a spreadsheet to go along with the draft so everyone can keep track of who has which player, but I’ve never done one on that scale, so we’ll see how that goes. I also probably won’t have a webcam for a bit, because life, but we can still try at least.

And sorry for the essay, I tend to do that.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Online »