Home

Will there be a Revamped Rosters project this year?

This is a discussion on Will there be a Revamped Rosters project this year? within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
Will there be a Revamped Rosters project this year?

The games been out for a couple weeks now and I hadn't seen any activity regarding the Revamped Rosters project, so I figured I'd ask the question and hope one of the founders could help me out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #2
Just started!

Re: Will there be a Revamped Rosters project this year?

Do you know if you can do a roster update when it becomes available and continue in a season. You already have started? In years past u have to make a new season if u do a roster update. Also is simon gagne anywhere in the rosters thx
Old 09-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins5247
Do you know if you can do a roster update when it becomes available and continue in a season. You already have started? In years past u have to make a new season if u do a roster update. Also is simon gagne anywhere in the rosters thx
Nope same as before. New Roster update new file. Can't import roster to an ongoing season/BAGM/etc.

And all I know is that puckhead said, "Hey everyone, Puck here.

WARNING MASSIVE WALL OF TEXT FOLLOWS

I have been a bit absent the last week or so, and I’m sure you all are looking forward to an update regarding what the official plan is for NHL Revamped this year. I have spent the last week thinking about the different ideas we have had throughout the past regarding different things we could potentially incorporate in our project moving forward.
There have been things left on the drawing board that any number of us on the team liked and wanted to incorporate that ultimately were either vetoed by the team majority, or never really considered as a whole, just never done because we didn’t have the time, or thought of it too late in the development of the project.

At this time I am a bit tempted to use this as a bit of an experimental year. Basically we do a base update of just the NHL/AHL. It wouldn’t be near as inclusive an update as last year’s release, which to be honest is in all reality what the release this year will be anyways seeing as only about a 4th of the team will actually be working on it .
But after that base update is done, this is where the fun starts (keep in mind I’m just rambling here)-

My thought is we release the base update and then do some experimenting on the different possibilities to employ when it comes to EA Attribute philosophy. For example, as you all know, our focus in Revamped has been to try and incorporate as realistic a skillset for each player as possible, and avoiding the required inflation of specific ratings to make that player fit the expected overall. To demonstrate what I am talking about, think Alexander Ovechkin. To put it bluntly, he is absolutely horrible at Defense. Like absurdly bad. So many controller disconnected jokes… But anyways, in all reality his Defensive attributes such as Defensive Awareness and Shot Blocking by all means deserve a rating in the low sixties. (I mean seriously, his defense is abysmal.) Now in the past there wasn’t really a way around inflating his defensive rating if we wanted him to have that 90+ overall that really shows how much of an offensive dynamo he has the potential to be. If I recall correctly he has hovered around an 70+ for his defensive awareness.

So here are some of the ideas I’m thinking we try and explore this year-

1.Less worry about the Overall ratings than in years past- So if Ovi ends up an 86 due to poor Defense then so be it.
2.We massively drop the average rating of passing to help incorporate a messier game. I’m thinking like an average drop of 20 per passing rating.
3.A drop on average of 10 on shot accuracy attributes. (My thought on this is that it could help make a messier game with more missed shots, potentially increasing play in the corners and behind the net. A side effect could potentially be a drop in the frequency of stupid glitch shots being so easily pulled off, as that top right inside corner might not be as easy to hit.)
4.An average drop of 15-20 in the puck control ratings. (Once again to encourage a sloppier game. Could make it easier to stop the utterly infuriating CPU wraparound glitch goal.)
5.An average drop of 10 on body checking/strength. (To try and reduce the massively overstated amount of “Big Hits”)
6.A potential increase in the average aggression rating of each player. (In my experience I feel this does to some degree influence how close a defending player plays a player with the puck. In all reality I have no evidence to back this up.)
7.Potential increase in Shot blocking ratings (Once again to help promote a sloppier game.)
8.A universal rating of Never for each player in regards to fighting frequency with the exception of the top 30 fighters over the last 2 seasons. (Hopefully to stop the stupid fights you get like Bouwmeester vs. Datsyuk.)
9.An average drop of 30 in discipline ratings. (To incorporate more penalties)

In all reality I know that these are a bit extreme, and while I feel I have always found a slider set that I found that worked for me personally, there were always still things that I felt needed sliders of their own to really make the game better. Things like shot blocking, more influential passing, shooting, and puck control sliders etc. My suggestion here is we bake these desired changes into the roster itself. Now a large chunk of these we have tested as a team in the past, and for any number of reasons either never found their way into the final release, or were not fully incorporated for other reasons. The reason I would like to run by you guys the possibility of revisiting these is that we as a team didn’t have a large amount of time alongside the large number of people needed to fully test things like this to fully determine what the real impact would be.

So my question to you all is this- after we get an update out with the necessary transactions and basic rating adjustments built off of last year’s release, how many of you would be interested in working with me in testing some of these adjustments? Do you think that this is a bad idea? Do you have additional changes you would like to see made? Basically this year as the release isn’t going to be near as in depth as in years passed just due to the logistics of this year’s release, I want this to be a completely open forum/discussion thread where we all work together as a community to really figure out what we can do to truly improve the gameplay of the series.

Yes I understand that the next gen game will be different with different issues/needs, but I think we all can agree that EA isn’t going to suddenly turn around and completely change their whole underlying philosophy on hockey ratings and how they are utilized. And even if they do, the lessons I feel we could learn from playing with these ratings like this will allow us to tackle the next generation of hockey even more prepared to release the most accurate and true to life representation of video game hockey out there.

Anyway- I really am excited to hear all of your thoughts regarding the above outlined.

TLDR- I’m crazy, have crazy ideas, and want to include you all in my crazy schemes." Also he added this later in the thread, "As far as what version, so far the plan was only for 14, but I'm thinking I might get 15 in the next little bit. The physics improvements I hear about appeal to me." So it seems like he might do it for last gen but not current gen.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Just started!

Thanks can u find out if simon gagne is anywhere so I can sign him
Old 09-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

There will be a Revamped Roster for last gen. Not current gen though since you can't edit players. Some of the members on our team have taken a backseat this year since they have the current gen version - me being one of them. I had a big role in the offseason rating process, but as of recently I took a step back since I won't even be able to play with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 01:01 PM   #6
Rookie

No Bueno,
I wish I had the knowledge to develop something like nhlview for the ps4 version...I started playing this game from the first game released in 1991 and I have to say the best times I've had with it were on the PC where you could get mods for EVERYTHING...I do love the looks of the ps4 version although i just bought my ps4 yesterday and have yet to play a full game. Any chance rosters will be done and downloadable this year?
Nell
Old 01-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #7
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellbagom
No Bueno,
I wish I had the knowledge to develop something like nhlview for the ps4 version...I started playing this game from the first game released in 1991 and I have to say the best times I've had with it were on the PC where you could get mods for EVERYTHING...I do love the looks of the ps4 version although i just bought my ps4 yesterday and have yet to play a full game. Any chance rosters will be done and downloadable this year?
Nell
Nope. We can't edit attributes this year. They took it out. The Revamped Rosters are dead until they bring back player editing.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:40 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

this game doesnt even deserve all of the work a roster update puts into it, besides the fact they dont even let you edit anything
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »