Home

Goalie Mode and Controller Buttons

This is a discussion on Goalie Mode and Controller Buttons within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Goalie Mode and Controller Buttons

Goalie Mode And Controller Buttons

Left Stick - Controls Movement of Forwards and helps passing and break out passes, and I swear the god it helps them also to aim the puck.

Right Stick - Helps with shooting, If pressing Up on right stick, also will notice AI Human Players pulling the stick back and players getting in to position for pass, there could be other things right stick does for goalie mode also, that I haven't studied yet, but I know for shootouts , I will explain it after I explain something else. (( what I meant is if you pull right stick to Left or right you'll see them pull stick back, but again pushing right stick up causes them to shoot))

Right Trigger - Makes AI Human CPU Pass More, I think that's all it does, I was beginning too test this in sorten situations through out the game, I found you could make AI Human CPU pass to the guy in the slot or make 3 passes and shot and score goals, again its complicated , but you might get idea.

Left Trigger - Makes Goalies get back in position if out the Crease, now there could be a hidden function for AI Human CPU players, I haven't explored that area yet.

A Button - this actually more useful, cause cuts out glitch animations that User Human Goalie is in, I Suggest you Press A Through out the game, cause I found AI Human Goalie is out of place majority of the game , this sorta resets him back to normal

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goalie Mode in Shootouts

Left Stick - Controls the way you want you're AI Human CPU Offense to go
you press left he'll go left in shootout , press right he go right in the shootout

Right Stick - Controls if AI Human CPU will go for deke or pull stick back for shot

combos I use in the shootout : Left stick to the left and right stick back and forth

or Left stick to right and right stick to left and right

again NHL 16 is very complicated in goalie mode , these are just some I was able to figure out,

there could be a pass interception button or checking button I haven't found those yet

Left stick - Push down on it and it will make you're AI Human CPU Speed Burst

I still haven't figured out the checking and pass interceptions, anyways I hope this helps !

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 07-18-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

checking button & Left Stick & Right Stick & Goalie Mode

Left Stick and Right Stick and Speed burst & Checking & Goalie Mode

Left Stick - AI Human CPU with out the puck, you can move this in direction you want the to Hit the AI CPU Forwards, also pass intercept, among other things

Right Stick - Combined with Left Stick and Right Stick you can nudge the AI CPU off the puck , or if you want smash him to the boards, you have to push down on right stick and move right stick in the direction you want to hit him.

Left Stick Speed Burst - combined with Left Stick pushing down on it and Right Stick Pushing down on it and moving right stick in direction you want speed up and knock AI CPU down, you'll see you're AI Human CPU go full Gallop towards the AI CPU and checking him, its also good for pass intercept
Old 07-18-2016, 03:11 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Pass Intercept & Left Stick and Right Stick

Pass Intercept & Left Stick and Right Stick

Left Stick - Controls the Direction you want AI Human CPU , you want to put AI Human CPU in pass lanes, again its very complicated, am doing farther testing at moment.

Right Stick - controls AI Human CPU if you want nudge him or steal puck and also is tied to checking, again its very complicated am doing more experiments and seeing how it works.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:19 PM   #4
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: Goalie Mode and Controller Buttons

am doing more research, so am playing the game as I speak,
Old 07-18-2016, 06:01 PM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Goalie Mode and AI Human CPU & Faceoffs dictation

Faceoff's and AI Human CPU & Ability to Dictate the outcome.

its just like the Player Version of the faceoffs

it goes around in circle to the left and back around to where you started, you can also do tie-ups and win it also in goalie mode.

there may be other faceoff wins scenarios

this is very troubling cause goalies should not have that kind of power over the AI Human CPU.

another thing I like the point out: be a pro strategy adjustment , I.. personally, don't know what this does for goalie mode , I just kept this at 3 and same with CPU Strategy Adjustment: 3 also.

these adjustments to goalie mode are complicated and which they never mentioned before or brought up by EA Dev during the year.

it looks like goalie in be a pro is just like a player, you're able to influence whole game just by controller and button mashing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2016, 06:33 PM   #6
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I hope this helps some of gamers =D

I hope this has been insightful for you goalie mode gamers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »