Home

SuperStar and Goalie Persistance (Mystery Solved) Goalies Letting in too many Goals

This is a discussion on SuperStar and Goalie Persistance (Mystery Solved) Goalies Letting in too many Goals within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
SuperStar and Goalie Persistance (Mystery Solved) Goalies Letting in too many Goals

SuperStar and Goalie Persistance and Goalies Letting In too many Goals
Tuner Set Version : Latest

SuperStar: Full Sim
20 Minutes

Goalie Persistance : CPU: 5 / Human: 5 (used to be 100 , its reversed appears, so now u have to now put this at very low end to make goalies Harder to beat) for Human and CPU.

now I play SuperStar 20 Minutes, which am gonna update very soon after I finished 2 games with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #2
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Confirmed Goalie Persistance : CPU: 0 and Human: 0

Confirmed! Goalie Persistance : CPU 0 and Human: 0, is toughest Goalies ever, they'll stop everything.

description of the goalie persistance is little mis-direction, it said raise this and longer goalie will be effected by screen, confusing right, I know, so I lowered it to CPU: 0 and Human: 0 and User and CPU Goalies we're almost unbeatable.

now this slider co-incides with other sliders, but I think sliders have to very high cross save reaction: 100 or 99, goalie save reaction: 99 or 100, goalie deflection saves 98-100, goalie passing: 55-85.

not entirely sure how goalie screen effects this, but I leave u to solve that on your own.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Sweet Spot is...for hard and scoreable goalies

sweet spot for scorable goalies and hard is

Goalie Persistance: : CPU: 5 and Human: 5

is your optimal setting.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #4
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Re: Sweet Spot is...for hard and scoreable goalies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
sweet spot for scorable goalies and hard is

Goalie Persistence: : CPU: 5 and Human: 5

is your optimal setting.
The slider is "Goalie Screen Persistence" which means how long a screen has an affect on the goalie's vision. I personally use 78 with my setup as I still see a lot of saves through screens via reaction saves and not blocking. The biggest thing this does is create rebounds and screen goals during gameplay. I can't speak to CPU v CPU sliders which what I know you play, but for actually controlling a team and playing USER v CPU you're going to want that slider higher. Default goalies are way too good through screens imo.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Re: SuperStar and Goalie Persistance (Mystery Solved) Goalies Letting in too many Goa

I did notice that, after while, I played.

which made me investigate goalie screen persistence: 0-4, I found the goalies we're like stationary and not reacting, like they just frozen in place, so I just kept setting at 5-5 and but yah your right, for coach mode, needs to be little higher, I.. try and find optimal setting for coaches soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2019, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Re: SuperStar and Goalie Persistance (Mystery Solved) Goalies Letting in too many Goa

Quick question. So I’m currently in the playoffs with my All-Star difficulty slider setup and was wondering what you’d recommend for cpu aggression? I lowered it to 10 bc it was getting really hard to beat them before. Seems like on All-Star in nhl 19 the cpu really steps it up compared to most years. (Using a slider set mixed with yours, Al Tito’s and my own) thx in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #7
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtl420
Quick question. So I’m currently in the playoffs with my All-Star difficulty slider setup and was wondering what you’d recommend for cpu aggression? I lowered it to 10 bc it was getting really hard to beat them before. Seems like on All-Star in nhl 19 the cpu really steps it up compared to most years. (Using a slider set mixed with yours, Al Tito’s and my own) thx in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I'd say: 50 or 55 or 75 or 100 or 45 or 60 or 65.

Old 08-19-2019, 04:20 PM   #8
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

So... I took your setting, goalie persistence : CPU: 78 / Human: 78, added it to my Coach Mode All-Star Setting, with some adjustments and this and that, I won a game 4-1 in regulation, your right that was most realistic setting I've seen in my life, puck bounced of pad and my player tucked it in, like goal u'd see in Actual TV, I am Impressed at u ! .

I think am gonna post setting am using now with your input and game seemed a lot calmer and stuff like u'd see in actual TV, I only tested it in one AHL Game, am about to test it in the NHL Season as of right now.

I was stalled for while, cause I was loosing, this setting might just fix that .

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »