Home

Create a Coach Option

This is a discussion on Create a Coach Option within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2022, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Create a Coach Option

Since the NHL series does not include the real head coaches it would be a nice feature to be able to create your own and be able to include in roster share.

Also, bring back those hats onto the ice after a hat trick!!!

Last edited by ricket; 07-16-2022 at 11:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2022, 09:42 PM   #2
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Create a Coach Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricket
Since the NHL series does not include the real head coaches it would be a nice feature to be able to create your own and be able to include in roster share.

Also, bring back those hats onto the ice after a hat trick!!!
I don't hate the idea, I just wish as a partner with the NHL and NHLPA they should also get the permission to put actual coaches in the game and build on their legacies, or build them from coaches just getting a chance and potentially making them Jack Adams award winners. Retired players, when they retire from the game in Franchise, you ask if they would still like to remain in the organization and at what role. I can see this as a very robust way to incorporate coaches like St.. Louis and building their legacy, or now that Eakins has a good team, turning his career coaching record around.

Just so much can be done with this game that would enhance the Franchise experience and still give the online fanboys their arcade style play. EA's bread and butter is that stupid card systems. I would like to get back to basics and run a team as the president of the team, not the GM... You hire a GM (an actual GM with certain philosophic aspects of their strategies. Bring in players that fit their style, the coaches style, etc.

If the really want to have a Franchise mode, man they could really make this the deepest franchise mode ever by including GM's, actual coaches including prospectus coaches that have ratings, so if you have a coach that rates as a 90 Offense, 65 defense, 70 goal tending, 75 PP 55 PK, you build a staff that will help build on these shortcomings. And if these coaches excel, at the end of the season, they may be pried by another team and that is fine, that is the business of hockey...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 08-10-2022, 03:14 PM   #3
Just started!

this would be interesting. playing as a coach would kinda cool
Old 08-20-2022, 06:57 AM   #4
Rookie

danielmeyers's Arena

I don't quite understand what it's for, I don't pay attention to the coach at all
Old 08-20-2022, 07:00 AM   #5
Rookie

danielmeyers's Arena

But the baseball cap idea is a spectacular sight I agree it should be brought back
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »