Home

NHL 23 Closed Technical Test Available Now

This is a discussion on NHL 23 Closed Technical Test Available Now within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2022, 11:23 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 23 Closed Technical Test Available Now

I wonder how many cows are hired each year at EA? I mean, they've been milking the same game for the last 10+ years, so you'd think they'd run dry eventually? Evidently not, by the looks of things. Moo. 🐮
Old 08-31-2022, 03:46 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

How long does the test last, haven't been able to activate it yet.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:16 AM   #11
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

And I just realized, when you signed up for the Test, they gave you 4 choices of which consoles you wanted to sign up for: PS4, Xbox One, PS5 or Series X/S.

I chose Series X/S.

I got the Xbox One version. So I didn't even get to see the actual new features of the game. What a waste of time...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2022, 11:57 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
Well, I can't say I didn't call it. It's just NHL 22 code with some 23 features sprinkled throughout.
I concur, I had my hopes up due to Madden 23 and how revolutionary that game has turned out but so far, after about an hour or hour and a half I cannot tell any difference from 22 except the ice that accumulates along the wall.

I am also really unhappy I am forced to play this Chel stuff when I just want to see what the regular hockey plays like. I am glad they gave me an invite but I must speak my mind and hope this isn't indicative of the final product.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 08-31-2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:02 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Smile Re: NHL 23 Closed Technical Test Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
How long does the test last, haven't been able to activate it yet.
I think its usually about a week if memory serves

Oh btw fellas, my wife walked in and said "Oh God, not more hobo hockey" which made me chuckle.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 08-31-2022, 12:51 PM   #14
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I concur, I had my hopes up due to Madden 23 and how revolutionary that game has turned out but so far, after about an hour or hour and a half I cannot tell any difference from 22 except the ice that accumulates along the wall.

I am also really unhappy I am forced to play this Chel stuff when I just want to see what the regular hockey plays like. I am glad they gave me an invite but I must speak my mind and hope this isn't indicative of the final product.
Madden actually has football players involved in the game. NHL has a basketball guy leading the charge with a dude who liked NHL 94 in college as the 2nd in command. There's zero fundamental hockey knowledge going into this game, there's zero care about the AI, they are trying to limp to the barn with WoC and HUT and make it painfully obvious every year.

I mean, you can't even use the sliders properly. Animation speeds change game-to-game without touching a slider. How is anyone expected to take a game that can't even have a consistent baseline animation speed seriously in any shape or form?

We need to stop giving EA money for this series. Let it die, it's so poor.
Old 08-31-2022, 01:18 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
Madden actually has football players involved in the game. NHL has a basketball guy leading the charge with a dude who liked NHL 94 in college as the 2nd in command. There's zero fundamental hockey knowledge going into this game, there's zero care about the AI, they are trying to limp to the barn with WoC and HUT and make it painfully obvious every year.

I mean, you can't even use the sliders properly. Animation speeds change game-to-game without touching a slider. How is anyone expected to take a game that can't even have a consistent baseline animation speed seriously in any shape or form?

We need to stop giving EA money for this series. Let it die, it's so poor.
Well I'm not sure I agree with all of that but I certainly 100% share your sentiment that this game series has really grown stale and needs a complete overhaul with what EA did with Madden 23 this year.

And yes, they also need someone to explain to them about how on a power play that teams actually can lay back a little and work the perimeter without being attacked. I am by no means any hockey expert but I have been to a lot of hockey games and this is still something that EA has never gotten right, and that ESPN hockey did. This single, seemingly minor thing, to me sort of ruins the sense I'm playing real NHL hockey and reminds me I'm playing a videogame where anyone with the puck/ball/football/whatever the CPU AI must chase dutifully even when it makes little sense.

I am not sure who or why EA did what they did with Madden but maybe the NHL team needs to go over there and talk about it. With all of that being said I will at very minimum rent this years game to give it a solid chance.

Anyways, in a positive light, the two hours I did spend with the technical test was fun but not $69 fun.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2022, 03:24 PM   #16
Rookie

mat17's Arena

For a second year, EA did not send me a code to try the technical test.

Does anyone have a PS4 code they can private message me?

Thanks !

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »