Home

NHL 24 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2023, 06:35 PM   #153
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 24 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
Until they (or if they even) release an update to allow us to hide it, just think of it as what TNT has on their broadcast with the PP clock if that helps people think about it differently. That doesn’t mean we should be happy or stop asking for them to give us the option to remove it.
Honestly I wish they would just buy the TNT rights, like they did with NBC several years ago... I liked the NBC touch it had to be honest... Doesn't have to be TNT, it could be the NHL Network... I mean as many commercials they show for the game, not sure they would have a problem with this and potentially could attract more viewership...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 10-06-2023, 06:38 PM   #154
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsomeJohnny
The new puck protection is carbage. Also in create a player the only draft years you can choose are 2015 and 2016 or none. Plus ofc all the same ****ty generic faces since NHL 2014.
If you change the date of birth, you can change the draft years... It defaults to that birthdate used... I just added 25 NCAA CAP's and had no problem adding their draft years. I just change the birthdate first.

Old 10-07-2023, 08:24 AM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
Is this an impression thread or is this a “I don’t like change and I’m sticking with older versions” thread?
Change for the sake of change is senseless. You alter something for the sake of genuine improvement. Anything else and you're just playing an angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2023, 09:02 AM   #156
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Honestly I wish they would just buy the TNT rights, like they did with NBC several years ago... I liked the NBC touch it had to be honest... Doesn't have to be TNT, it could be the NHL Network... I mean as many commercials they show for the game, not sure they would have a problem with this and potentially could attract more viewership...
Agree 100%. Loved NHL 19 with it's NBC Sports intro and overlays.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:00 PM   #157
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Only played two games. 6min periods on Allstar. Honestly a night and day feel from 22 and 23. AI offense is spectacular IMO. They shoot from everywhere. They are aggressive and push to the net more. They will hit you a lot, so you can not just go end to end with one guy into their zone. They're simply just more physical all around which is awesome.

The pressure system circle is hardly noticeable to me. Found instead of using dump puck button, just hit pass way down the other end to clear zone and puck will go down towards goalie. Also, just holding square is some sort of special shot. That also clears the zone on PPs quickly. Unfortunately no, the cpu is not smart enough to do this therefore we get the short dumps that just only clear the first blue line.

Didn't seem overpowering when full pressure was activated. And it wasn't difficult to get puck out to disarm the system. Then next time up they have to fill it again.

I am hybrid user and trying to learn the new total control. Honestly just rather have hybrid. So much easier to just quickly hit square to slap a quick wrister at the goalie to try to get rebound shots etc. With using the RS I can't seem to just quickly do a wrist shot from any angle. Really don't like that.

However, I do LOVE holding R2 and seeing buttons above my teammates to pass to exactly who I want. Losing that with hybrid will suck admittedly.

Hopefully we can still have the hip check button and the other hits with buttons for defense with hybrid.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 10-07-2023 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 12:12 PM   #158
Rookie

Goal celebrations are the worst, but Cheryl Pounder is incredible
Old 10-07-2023, 12:50 PM   #159
Pro

gsize19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialAssassin
Goal celebrations are the worst, but Cheryl Pounder is incredible
Yeah, I would rather just see everyone go to a group hug versus what they have now... But i digress...

Old 10-07-2023, 01:13 PM   #160
Rookie

Feros Ferio 7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Yeah, I would rather just see everyone go to a group hug versus what they have now... But i digress...

I've never seen a cut scene in a sports game I liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »