Home

NHL 24 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2023, 07:01 AM   #313
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 24 Impressions

I think a lot of this would be resolved if they actually had stat overlays and TV style cut scenes between breaks in play. None of the sports games use any real broadcast packages anymore (The Show was the last to use one with MLB Network) and they don’t suffer from any broadcast issues because they kept in the broadcast style score clock and overlays

EA has made a decision to get rid of this because their stats show that most people skip the cutscenes to get to the action. It happens in FIFA/EAFC and Madden now too. But I wish they would give us the option for a regular broadcast option and a quick option for those that want to skip since it really does add something to offline modes.
Old 12-12-2023, 07:07 AM   #314
MVP

Jeffrey99's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
I think a lot of this would be resolved if they actually had stat overlays and TV style cut scenes between breaks in play. None of the sports games use any real broadcast packages anymore (The Show was the last to use one with MLB Network) and they don’t suffer from any broadcast issues because they kept in the broadcast style score clock and overlays

EA has made a decision to get rid of this because their stats show that most people skip the cutscenes to get to the action. It happens in FIFA/EAFC and Madden now too. But I wish they would give us the option for a regular broadcast option and a quick option for those that want to skip since it really does add something to offline modes.

The Show added fictional regional sports networks this year to atleast give you the resemblance of a local broadcast.

I have zero issues with online having no cutscenes and being constant action. But that shouldn’t apply to offline. I’d rather have the option to watch it and press a to skip it then to not have the option at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2024, 12:43 PM   #315
Rookie

OVR: 6

I’m sure this has been stated already but my biggest takeaway so far is how unbelievably awful the goal celebrations are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2024, 09:01 PM   #316
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

I've really tried to like 24 but a few things just ruin it for me.
These are things that sounded like they could be great when the game was released but in my opinion are a step back from '23.

The flashing lights during faceoffs, the annoying repeating of music, the goal celebrations and the way players seem to constantly cluster in groups and fall over each other.
I also don't care for Pounder. I prefer Ferraro much more and they should have had both even if they didn't add much to his lines.
I tried games with no commentary, no music, but it's too quiet and lifeless.

I'm running NHL 23 but I stopped updating patches shortly after release so it's way different than today's version which is probably a big reason I like it more than '24.
Old 02-04-2024, 12:11 AM   #317
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

NHL 24 basically like every year scratches that hockey itch. Don’t like the commentators the lady is knowledgeable but I prefer another team of broadcasters current NHL one perhaps or choices between a couple of different ones pipe dream for sure.

Don’t care for the lighted celly.

Overall need more immersion offline for me
Old 02-24-2024, 06:01 AM   #318
Rookie

I miss good old hockey games like NHL14, 2K8, 2K10 so much. Maybe some day 2K-hockey comes back.
I think NHL24 is so boring and full of bugs etc. Everything is for HUT ****. You do not even have to know how to play real hockey. If you can play Fortnite you are good to go.
NHL23 with Pk edits is the last decent and fun hockey game.

Old 03-09-2024, 08:48 PM   #319
Rookie

OVR: 5

Although it's not a huge jump from last year, I think as far as gameplay is concerned EA has finally surpassed 2k10 for me. I have found a fun balance for when I play franchise that fits between GM and playing games. I'm a player lock style of player. Because I play that way I have seen a lot of amazing real life hockey plays and a few head scratchers.I feel like there is enough variety game to game. Close games, blowout's and barnburners happen randomly enough for gameplay to stay lively. I just wish franchise could be deeper like 2k10 or any other franchise for that matter. I want to see all the box scores and all the stats. I want to be able to create my own storylines or even have something created organically by the ai. I'd pay more for a version with a deeper franchise if that was the only option to getting more time focused on it in development.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Old 03-09-2024, 10:25 PM   #320
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazjason
Although it's not a huge jump from last year, I think as far as gameplay is concerned EA has finally surpassed 2k10 for me. I have found a fun balance for when I play franchise that fits between GM and playing games. I'm a player lock style of player. Because I play that way I have seen a lot of amazing real life hockey plays and a few head scratchers.I feel like there is enough variety game to game. Close games, blowout's and barnburners happen randomly enough for gameplay to stay lively. I just wish franchise could be deeper like 2k10 or any other franchise for that matter. I want to see all the box scores and all the stats. I want to be able to create my own storylines or even have something created organically by the ai. I'd pay more for a version with a deeper franchise if that was the only option to getting more time focused on it in development.

Can I ask which settings or sliders are you using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »