Home

NHL 24 Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 24 Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2024, 03:36 PM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 24 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariasi
Can I ask which settings or sliders are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use my own sliders. I haven't had much success with other people's sliders because I think we all play differently and are all at different skill levels. I try to keep as close to default superstar and tweak things for 10-20 games.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 04:41 AM   #322
Rookie

OVR: 0

If you want to play real sim hockey, get NHL 23 (cheap)
and play with PK76 Ultimate Slider /Settings AND Roster.

it plays like THE REAL Thing :-)

(sorry guys but i think 24 is so broken, animations, checking, icon passing with skill stick Control..and so on.....)

NHL23 (ULTRA REALISTIC GAMEPLAY SETUP)
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...lay-setup.html

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-ea-style.html
Old 03-22-2024, 01:04 AM   #323
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

I wonder if we’ll ever see a hockey game in our lifetime going forward that:

1. Doesn’t have bezerk mode
2. Has proper defensive zone coverage assignments programmed

3. Has non-fictional forechecking strategies that are also properly implemented.

4. Has a PowerPlay that actually executes like a real PowerPlay and penalty kill that actually executes like a real penalty kill

5. Has dynamic goalies that can actually make dynamic limb reaction saves like 2k goalies did 15 years ago.

If EA can ever hit those 5 items in the next 40-50 years, I’ll be a happy grandpa.

Find league standings, scores, and replays here:
https://evhl.elitevirtualsports.com/
Old 03-24-2024, 04:20 PM   #324
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariasi
Can I ask which settings or sliders are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many of us use our "own" slider settings... Other than the commentary, goal celebrations, repetitive music like many have mentioned, I have the game playing great for me... I won't share my sliders because what is good for me isn't always good for others, I have tried the popular slider creators, the game always plays awful for me with them...

EA mentioned about 10-12 years ago that if you play Pro, the players play consistent with their attributes, and I find this to be the case, so I play pro during my Franchise... All Star and Superstar plays horrible to me. I can score just as easily with a Mattieu Olivier as I can with Patrik Laine on those levels... There really isn't a great player separation between your first and fourth liners...

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 03-28-2024, 10:41 AM   #325
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
Many of us use our "own" slider settings... Other than the commentary, goal celebrations, repetitive music like many have mentioned, I have the game playing great for me... I won't share my sliders because what is good for me isn't always good for others, I have tried the popular slider creators, the game always plays awful for me with them...

EA mentioned about 10-12 years ago that if you play Pro, the players play consistent with their attributes, and I find this to be the case, so I play pro during my Franchise... All Star and Superstar plays horrible to me. I can score just as easily with a Mattieu Olivier as I can with Patrik Laine on those levels... There really isn't a great player separation between your first and fourth liners...
I've always felt that the games skating and overall feel does feel at its best on "Pro". But no matter the slider changes to favor the CPU can I ever get a competitive game, even when I'm player locked at just one position. Frustrating.

In general there is a solid game under the hood somewhere, until they figure it out we have to do what's best for each of us settings wise (as we all do at this point) and try to enjoy the game the best we can because we are hockey fans.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 11:01 AM   #326
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I've always felt that the games skating and overall feel does feel at its best on "Pro". But no matter the slider changes to favor the CPU can I ever get a competitive game, even when I'm player locked at just one position. Frustrating.

In general there is a solid game under the hood somewhere, until they figure it out we have to do what's best for each of us settings wise (as we all do at this point) and try to enjoy the game the best we can because we are hockey fans.
I used to believe there was a solid hockey game under the hood, but 23 and 24 have really made me question that lol.

I agree with you on the "pro' difficulty too. Everything feels so natural down there but the CPU is just so uncompetitive that I can't play it!

The offline game definitely needs a return of AI defense that are actually interested in the puck. The extreme passive "built for HUT AI" we've had since 21 have really made the offline game a snoozefest.

Find league standings, scores, and replays here:
https://evhl.elitevirtualsports.com/
Old 03-31-2024, 02:16 PM   #327
Rookie

ScottyKnowzzz's Arena

For NHL 23, I got a PERFECT slider set for CPUvsCPU in Franchise. Just got through a whole season with the Leafs, and scores were super realistic (for the most part). Stats for my team were a BIT too low, but whatever.

For NHL 24, I've used some recommended CPU vs CPU sliders, but all have been absolute trash. I don't know what it is. But with all of them, there's a goal on damn near every shot. Even though they claim to be realistic sliders.

Edit: turns out it's because of a bug that's strangely still in the game. The sliders revert back to default when you go to play (watch) a game. At the team select screen, you gotta go to Game Settings and revert it BACK to your saved preset.

Last edited by ScottyKnowzzz; 04-01-2024 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2024, 10:51 AM   #328
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I await the day sports games stop developing on previous gen consoles and focus solely on the current gen systems.

These yearly minor improvements and sometimes removal of previous features is getting frustrating for me.

NHL is no exception, they need to completely rework the goalie AI/animations as well as the CPU teammate AI. Not to mention the presentation is so stale and boring.

I'm still playing here and there, but we franchise players deserve so much more with the power of the current gen hardware.

It's not just NHL for me either, it's Madden and The Show as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »