Home

NHL 25 wishlist

This is a discussion on NHL 25 wishlist within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2023, 10:35 PM   #25
Pro

stlgamer09's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 25 wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzacheevo
I still don't understand what the excuse is for not having this since the 360/PS3 era.

With NIL in place and EA making a new college football game, I really hope we get college teams in NHL 25.
Id rather have college hockey game on its own as long as its not a copy paste job from nhl
FHM 2017 - 2022

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2023, 09:01 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassmetheball
PC version.
I was just going to add the same thing. Before I get to any specific things I'd like to see, I need a PC port so I can play on the Steam Deck!
Old 10-31-2023, 04:12 PM   #27
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgamer09
I really think if they had the license for all the retired players and did the eras history, they would make their money back plus adding it to PC and gm connected, add new leagues, full customization and draft classes it would be their most sold nhl game.
Again, I don't think that them making money is what's at stake. Rather it's the amount of money they stand to make from doing this.

In easier terms to understand, they might not mind investing 10$ knowing they'll make 10 000$ in return (FIFA). They're less ready to invest 5$ knowing they'd only be able to get 7$ back (NHL).

To you and others (myself included), that sounds like a good deal. But to EA's board and investors, it's a waste of money.
Old 10-31-2023, 08:20 PM   #28
Pro

stlgamer09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
Again, I don't think that them making money is what's at stake. Rather it's the amount of money they stand to make from doing this.

In easier terms to understand, they might not mind investing 10$ knowing they'll make 10 000$ in return (FIFA). They're less ready to invest 5$ knowing they'd only be able to get 7$ back (NHL).

To you and others (myself included), that sounds like a good deal. But to EA's board and investors, it's a waste of money.
This is also why they need another brand to push them to do better.
FHM 2017 - 2022

Old 11-21-2023, 02:08 AM   #29
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

Great lists so far...personally I'd just hand the developers a copy of NBA 2K and tell them "See what they do with their franchise mode? Do that but for hockey. Now chop chop."

All the specific suggestions - the 32+ team control, editing faces, city shots, etc - are great but what strikes me is that the developers of NBA 2K seem to genuinely love the sport and communicate that love into every level of the franchise experience. Meanwhile the EA Sports developers seem to think hockey's fun but there's a...lifelessness to it. I can't explain it. NHL 2K seemed to do a much better job with this but I still can't explain what "it" is.

Maybe it's the extensive records and histories to scroll through, maybe it's getting the marquee announcers for the game, maybe it's all the little details in the cutscenes, I don't know. With NBA 2K I'm always impressed by what the devs seem to think to include. With NHL I'm always frustrated by what the devs forget to include. Like...news updates are provided by "The Hockey Analyst" and a stock photo guy? Seriously? I can only go back 4-5 years to look back at awards? Can James Cybulski pronounce names right? Maybe switch to decaf? Can we see local ads on the ice? Can we have team-specific goalsongs? Can I hear French announcers in Quebec? Can I see French on the jumbotron in Montreal? Can I edit in franchise mode? Can I edit draft classes? Nver mind the fact the game has this weird bug where the Leafs can advance past the first round

I'm sure part of this has to do with the relative budgets for each game, but I also have a hunch that the NHL is leaning on EA to develop the game in a certain way and with a certain target demographic (young & new fans) in mind while downplaying other demographics (old direhards, erm, like me).

Ok rant over. I have little hope EA will actually do this but dangit I want them to know what some of us want in a game.
Old 11-22-2023, 06:41 PM   #30
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3

I love the idea of face customization, and I wish that they would use those as a portrait picture too. I’m sick of guys in the wrong jersey and blank portraits.

And I’m fine with having all the leagues in the game, but I’d prefer in franchise mode to just have a draft class, that can edited, imported, shared, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 11-23-2023, 10:46 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

It seems like the only way we would get the best out of Franchise mode is if they can figure out a way to monetize it. At this point if that's what it takes to get the most out of it, the best I can hope for is at least the option to pay for it if it's worth it. Just give me a more in depth franchise mode.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Advertisements - Register to remove

Fonction Sound est limitée à 200 caractères

Old 11-26-2023, 11:34 AM   #32
Rookie

For nhl 25

1 Custom camera

2 More option for franchise , be able to play with all the teams ( like nba 2k23 etc ...

3 Custom music for teams with music list in the game

4 Zombie nation for Boston Bruins

5 watch the Zamboni or drive it during intermission

6 Custom mask goaling

7 Jersey Boston bruins 90s black and white

8 Paul kariya , Cam Neely , Guy Lafleur , Mike Bossy , Players KHL

9 Intro players in the ice , warm up with music

10 Organ real for all teams nhl

G

M

T

Y