Home

How's Your GM Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your GM Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #25
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

Oh, and a question: Is there a place where you can go edit your strategies in Be A GM? It's getting annoying to have to do it before every game.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Really kinda bummed that when you score a goal in a game, it doesn't show how many goals that player has on the season.
My season shows zeros for all the stats for each player before the gam even, is that a glitch or a setting I missed? Please help
Old 09-12-2014, 02:30 AM   #27
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgom81
My season shows zeros for all the stats for each player before the gam even, is that a glitch or a setting I missed? Please help
Not a setting. Just an incomplete game. Hopefully it gets patched, but wouldn't hold out hope.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:48 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Started my Penguins GM mode few days ago, basically gonna play every single game till (if) they fix Simming/AHL/Draft.

Anyways, currently sitting at 7-2-1 and 2nd in the Metro, was on a 5 game winning streak but then lost 3 in a row. This game is pretty damn hard, 4 of my games have gone on to OT! :O

Haven't made any trades yet but I went through every team's trading block and noticed few nice prospects there, Mantha from Detroit with Medium Elite potential, Shinkaruk on the Vancouver trading block with also Elite Medium potential, and also a sniper from WSH with Elite High potential is up there, but he might be too much value. (Set trade difficulty on hard as always). Also what the hell, you can't search players matching your criteria on trading block anymore?? Jeesh..

Will probably try to trade some older wingers such as Kunitz, Dupuis and some other stuff for those come end of the season!

Few things from around the league:

- Detroit leading the league with 11-0-0, they even beat me

- Crosby and Malkin both at 14 points in 10 games, Datsyuk leading the league with 23 points in 11 games. Kane leading the goals with 12 goals in 11 games, Crosby and Malkin both have 9 each.

- Injuries are on and I have gotten few injuries, and I've went through all teams, most but not all have around 1-2 injured players currently. Bennett just returned from an injury that occurred in game 1 and the same game I lost Kunitz to a concussion. (Sidenote, have you guys noticed how they don't have an cut-scene for injuries or Game Misconduct-penalty anymore? Haha, all that presentation man..)

And finally question to people who have already simmed full season on next-gen and such, do prospects get better during the season if they are in the system (Aka not doing anything)? I watched the 2BC video for GM-mode on old-gen and he pointed out how players grew ALOT during the season if you played them in AHL etc. Since you can't really play them in AHL, do the player progress reports ever happen at all during season? Or do they just stick to current overall and maybe jump up during off-season?
Old 09-12-2014, 08:28 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:

Just had that happen to me as well out of the blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #30
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Can't help you there, I can see the full career stats of every player in mine.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 09-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #31
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoir
And finally question to people who have already simmed full season on next-gen and such, do prospects get better during the season if they are in the system (Aka not doing anything)? I watched the 2BC video for GM-mode on old-gen and he pointed out how players grew ALOT during the season if you played them in AHL etc. Since you can't really play them in AHL, do the player progress reports ever happen at all during season? Or do they just stick to current overall and maybe jump up during off-season?
Players do progress during and after the season. I had Scott Laughton jump from a 76 to 80 after the 1st season and a few players ended up with 15+ individual attributes.

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #32
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

Played my first Canucks game and lost 4-1 to Calgary. We both had 45 shots and 3 power plays each. I saw two shots leave the ice. I'm using default all star hard core with 12 minute periods. I felt the shots seemed too high. Sadly it was scoreless in the 3rd when the flames just uploaded on me and scored 4 in 2 minutes. Ugh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »