Home

MY NHL 18 ideas.

This is a discussion on MY NHL 18 ideas. within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MY NHL 18 ideas.

I know there is already a thread active right now about this but hear me out.

I play offline, so I really only have opinions / changes for that aspect of the game.

- Player development/growth.
I get the whole potential thing. But I feel the game needs to let me know better (instead of just morale) how a player is doing, and what is recommended I do with him next.
I'm not sure if there is a warning for when a young player is close to his tryout max, for the whole waiver process, but if there isn't, then there needs to be.

- Scouting
I feel the whole scouting things is crap.
I want to highlight a young player, who is given an estimated round to be drafted, and next to that player should be a video of him running drills, or playing against AI in a small sample size so I can actually SEE him in a small taste of action.

- Sliders
Same thing as scouting...
When I'm adjusting the sliders (Shot Power for example) there should be a looping video of a player shooting a puck that refreshes each time I adjust the slider so I can actually see the changed in real time.

- Player position lock
Someone else mentioned this but if I want player A to be 1st line center, I should be able to lock him there and adjust other players or let the assistant do that, without worrying that the player will move.

- Roster moves
the game should let me lock guys who are waiver eligible so I don't accidentally send them down, and make it easier to call up players for tryouts, or injuries etc...

That's all I can think of right now. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2017, 06:52 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MY NHL 18 ideas.

i mainly play offline too but i gotta point out 2 things

1 the whole video thing for scouting and sliders... just feels very not needed and something that would just take time away from other better improvements.

as for the waivers thing, I mean the game shows you in roster moves who is waiver eligible, and warns you when a player is waiver eligible... don't really see any more need to make it obvious

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »