Home

Found a way to customize the affiliate for any NHL team

This is a discussion on Found a way to customize the affiliate for any NHL team within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Found a way to customize the affiliate for any NHL team

So maybe this only interests me, but you can assign the customizable 31st AHL team to any NHL team, it doesn’t have to be the Blues.

Here’s an example. Let’s say you want to set it up according to rumors for 18-19, where the Blues affiliate with San Antonio and the Colorado Eagles are promoted from the ECHL to partner with the Avs.

1. Create a team outside of Franchise. Leave it according to defaults and fill the roster with any NHL players, it doesn’t matter.

2. Start a Franchise (any type, works in all 3). When you get to the select team screen, replace the Blues with your extra custom team.

3. Now replace the Avs with the Blues

4. Finally, replace the extra custom team with the Avs.

5. Select your user team and choose to customize the AHL squad. On the next screen, the “St. Louis Notes” are now the Avs affiliate. Edit to your liking.

6. On the division realignment screen, the teams used above will have swapped divisions, so make sure you swap them back.

And that’s how you do it. Could also be useful if you want to relocate an existing team and have a new affiliate with a matching theme.

PS: AHL divisions never realign. The “Notes” team always goes to the Central, and the 32nd team (The “Aces”) always goes to the North.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by CgyFlames; 09-24-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Found a way to customize the affiliate for any NHL team

Hey CgyFlames,

First off, apologies... I don't mean to reopen such an old thread, but I can't find an answer anywhere on the net.

I've used your method to "re-align" the AHL affiliate teams so that San Antonio is St. Louis' affiliate and the Notes (which I renamed and created as the Eagles) is Colorado's. On the surface, it looks great and I'm quite happy that you provided this advice.

The problem I'm having is St. Louis doesn't get assigned any prospects from San Antonio and Colorado actually gets them all! Did you find this as well? If so, how did you resolve it?
Old 10-20-2020, 09:04 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Found a way to customize the affiliate for any NHL team

Have you figured out any way to assign an AHL team to an existing NHL team? I would really love to start a franchise where the Hershey Bears are promoted to the NHL without having to create them from scratch. Can’t get authentic uniforms that way

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »