Home

My issue with UT..

This is a discussion on My issue with UT.. within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 08:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
My issue with UT..

I'll start off by saying I'm not the greatest. I also don't spam the stupid things, aka 1-2 body spam, hit stun combos or side control/clinch stuff. My highest overall fighter is a 76. Currently at a 98-23(82/14/2) Not amazing but not terrible. I can mix it up, stand up or ground, I think I'm pretty good on both based on my play style anyway... My issue is the last 15 fights that I have lost since hitting div 4... Have all come from people with 86+ ovr, that either spam body 1-2, or kicks etc, spam clinch/takedowns and hold you there, or do nothing but spam submissions over and over and due to the huge stat difference it's just a waiting game till they win with whatever they are spamming..

There's a reason people delete over and over... Mid division 3 and especially div 4 all you deal with is this type of crap.. It's not fun, it's not entertaining... I can only imagine the higher divisions :/

My last 10 fights, 6-4. Fight 1 person twice who is an 89 ovr. Gets the clinch, denies everything.. Block the knee, try to transition, denied, block the elbow, wait a sec and try to transition, denied.. Get hit with a knee, you go down, game over. Can't transition out of back side control. 11th fight, them again. I'm at the point there's no reason to try and just quit out.

Unless you care about leaderboards... Is there any reason to keep playing in div 4 or trying to go higher when there's such a huge ovr difference and these people play the cheapest ways?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 09:25 PM   #2
Rookie

chackfalco's Arena

Re: My issue with UT..

So you're saying that people are getting higher overalls the higher divisions they get to? How dare them... stop playing with a handicapped fighter because your crying will get even less attention in div5-6...
Old 05-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
Rookie

No need to be that rude, he's perfectly right actually. People like boiler and others will understand. I played bmeonline, ufcultimateteam and clayali. All those guys did was either running away or spam cheese with their roided out fighters. I'm deleting my fighters as well tbh. Don't wanna deal with the bull**** that goes on in div 4 and higher. At the point where gaming feels like work and not fun it's just not worth it. But don't get me wrong, I beat up bought cafs with 93 or sth often enough, since matchmaking is crap and you'll face them anyway, but there is no need to waste your time 3 to 5 rounds in the submissive position. I'm always disgusted about rubber guard or crucifix and Thai clinch spam. It's pathetic what the so called pros do to get a win. I'll prefer a div 3 fist fight over a cheesy clinch and ground spam fight all day. That's how sad this game is.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:44 AM   #4
Rookie

I can agree on both sides. Unless they match Overall's then this will always be the problem. This game could be a lot worse. There is no scripting.. no handicap like other EA games.....
If people want to grind and spend ALOT of real money on this game.. let them.
If they are exploiting moves then the devs should fix these in the next patch.
At the end of the day.. it is a fighting game. In real life you would do whatever to win. We just need to find a way around these exploits.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Re: My issue with UT..w

I was going to post a similar thread lol my title would have been "combo multiplier + Hugh OVR stat advantage+ Hit stuns= BROKEN. I might take a break til they somehow sort this OVR advantage thing out or at least get rid of the hit stuns and combo multiplier. Facing these people who have all day to practice which combos gets you hit stuns is no fun, plus they somehow maxed all the stats worth maxing out so they pretty much can destroy you were ever they feel like it. I know for a fact if we had even stats I'll destroy half these people. But I guess it's just like life ain't always fair lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2016, 12:48 AM   #6
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chackfalco
So you're saying that people are getting higher overalls the higher divisions they get to? How dare them... stop playing with a handicapped fighter because your crying will get even less attention in div5-6...
It's good to know people like you are on here to be a useless troll with nothing to provide to the conversation. If you are so amazing post a screenshot of your fighter and record.

As for the topic, the cheese has decreased but it's still there and it is very boring to play against. It's not realistic in the slightest and it's dragging down my UT experience on any weight class.
Old 05-25-2016, 06:15 AM   #7
Rookie

To be honest I think it's all about what you play for. Personally I got the game to have fun so if I come across a dude who is going to just transition from one rubber guard to another over and over or simply sit in crucifix all day I just back out. It's no fun, I didn't buy the game to be the best in the world so it's cool by me. That being said when you do get to div 4/5 that is pretty much every fight which tells me that there is clearly an issue with the techniques being used and exploited to get almost guaranteed wins.
It's like the back sitting position pre patch. People would just sit and hold you there for three rounds to get a win. Personally I don't find that fun so I quit out. EA recognised that this was an issue and it was patched. I can only hope the same for the hit stun/ OVR rating bashers.
I think the divisions need to be based on OVR also, rather than the progression they have now. Fighting guys with 99OVR in division 4/5 just isn't fun when you're like 75 OVR
Old 05-25-2016, 07:45 AM   #8
Banned

One of The biggest issue really stems from the team cap level. If you didn't get the game right away or start early you are at a disadvantage in the early divisions. Even if you purchased a lot of card packs . When you can only add 100 or so stars and your matched up with a division one player who is also level 60, they can add 225 stars worth of moves, which leads to huge imbalances. Team level should have been decided by division, which would make a fair balance

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »