Home

5 fights tonight, 5x Clinch spammed for KO.

This is a discussion on 5 fights tonight, 5x Clinch spammed for KO. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2016, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
5 fights tonight, 5x Clinch spammed for KO.

So, including my previous 10 fights this is now 15 total fights in a row that my opponent just clinched spammed me for a KO.

Nice EA. Super game you got going here. Must be proud of yourselves for making such garbage.

People have been suggesting tweaks to the Clinch game since before launch and they have been completely ignored and now we have a clinch fest of an MMA game.

Why have you allowed the clinch game to go OP for so long when all you have to do is lower striking damage from there? People only go there because of how powerful the strikes are.

EDIT: As a casual gamer who only has time for a few fights per night, if that. It seems to me that everyone i get matched up with is aware of every cheese move in the game. Ranked or Unranked the game is a mess when fighting online because of the spam and cheese served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

It's just not fun. It's a bad experience for my friend and i all around. Every one of my friends have ditched this game because of pretty much the same reason. they all went back to SF and MK and SSB because those games don't lie about what they are. They are arcade button mashers and so is this game. This franchise is tanked and that seems like it was the ultimate goal.

The Dev's can't feel proud about releasing a product to the public in this state that required multiple patches and more in the future, for sure. Obviously released way too early because, why else change the game so much form release to current time through patches? It's not even the same game compared to the original shelf release. Kind of fraudulent to be quite honest.

Last edited by TheLostHighway; 05-17-2016 at 01:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 01:42 AM   #2
Banned

Re: 5 fights tonight, 5x Clinch spammed for KO.

It really isnt that hard to deal with. Avoid getting your back against the cage and it is really easy to avoid it altogether
Old 05-17-2016, 02:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzeric
It really isnt that hard to deal with. Avoid getting your back against the cage and it is really easy to avoid it altogether
Not to be a jerk, but typical response.

"Avoid getting your back against the cage" is easier said then done.

opponents use heat seeking head kicks when i side step, and constantly use their max height fighters with faster kicks than my ability to block to keep me at distance while simultaneously kicking anything i'm not constantly blocking.

Even if i keep in close the game still allows spin and side kicks which push the opponent far enough away by sliding them across the mat from me w/bad animations to effectively counter anything.

Lunging out and in only works for a quick 1-2 on my part which ios not enough to keep up damage wise with their kicks that take precedent over any other strike no matter how much sense it doesn't make for them to do so. Even when i use timing and movement effectively and create an opening it;s negated by the horrid kick detection and inability to stop them once they are in motion.

3D game plays like a 2D fighter. Side steps really aren't actually doing this it seems. It's more like the background moves and the fighters stay in front of each other by the way the hit detection acts. not possible to dodge a cartwheel kick, spin kick(towards or away), flying knees, etc, etc.

How did this get past testing by the play testers, and does EA need people who actually know about video games to play test for them, or can they please get some? For reals, Homies. Don't be scurred to make an actual good game that people remember for good reasons.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:32 AM   #4
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Play Uncharted 4 brosef. Leave this frustration behind...
Old 05-17-2016, 03:07 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

It stinks, but unfortunately you have to get used to playing against it or just give up. Maybe if u have a buddy with a mic or know someone online they can help with your clinch game. I don't care for the clinch, and even I was decent at it (I'm not) it can frustrating how much time you end up spending there during fights. Sometimes I deny 5 clinch attempts in a row and for some reason the sixth doesn't get denied.

It can be frustrating, but right now there is not much that you can do about it. Some strikes can interrupt clinch attempts. Unfortunately all you can do is deal with it or stop playing.

I find the quote below very revealing, a lot of people play like how this user talks, so you have to remember that and be prepared for goofy playing styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcfeind
haha i remember beeting u

u lost in the plum like a nub trying to transition out in the same direction over and over

get wrked
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2016, 03:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcfeind
haha i remember beeting u

u lost in the plum like a nub trying to transition out in the same direction over and over

get wrked
Maybe you should learn to spell before trying to insult others.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:48 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzeric
I just had a guy do it four times in a row with zero stamina, I blocked the first three, then the fourth got through. I know what I'm doing. I think they should make it like strikes were at the end of UFC 1. If you do it 3 times and miss all 3, your stamina is SHOT. (Although it wouldn't matter because you could still back up faster then I could run after you and regain all your stamina and do it again anyways. Sigh.)
Old 05-17-2016, 06:02 AM   #8
Rookie

Ok, so the OP might not be great at the game but this game has been a pretty frustrating experience so I can kind of relate to some of it.

I'm an online player, but i'm really hoping they do a lot of offline stuff for ufc 3.

Last edited by scyth223; 05-17-2016 at 07:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »