Home

Clinch and Ground Game feel a lot of turn based.

This is a discussion on Clinch and Ground Game feel a lot of turn based. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 11:25 PM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Clinch and Ground Game feel a lot of turn based.

Something definitely needs improving as far as fluidity goes on those aspects of the game and one thing that i'd like to see to kind of change that,is to allow strikes in all of those spots,that cost almost no stamina,are really fast,deal very little damage and especially allow transition blocking while striking.

I don't know how something like that would be limited by having an animation for a punch not allowing the animation for a transition block,but a good example is at the half-guard postured down,when you throwin small punches to the opponenet's face,it allows him,almost always to transition and put you back in full guard,despite hiting the block transition button.

So 1 my recommendations to make it a bit more fluid, is basicaly to allow some strikes,to be really fast,not cause stun reactions,while also allowing to block a transition.

As of now,most of those spots seem pretty stale and boring,as everyone keeps waiting for the opponent's transition attempt or strike,in order to block it,instead of throwing a couple of strikes to make it a bit more intresting while waiting for those transitions.

Also another thing that i'd like added to the game,but will most likely not happen in this one,is to allow strikes in the submission game.This would definitely make it a lot more intresting and could combine concepts like "Strike to make your submission tighter by making the gate appear faster." or "block the strike,to make your escape gates move faster." etc.

Like Anderson's silva Submission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBbQk1S83Q

All in all,i believe one great aspect that could improve the fluidity and break the monotony in the clinch ground game,is to allow small/quick strikes that don't affect the transition blocking and dont really cause damage,but rather affect the grappling advantage and perhaps as an annoyance that they are supposed to be,cause your opponent's stamina recovery to pause for a few ms.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 05-18-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 06:13 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Clinch and Ground Game feel a lot of turn based.

it s turn based, I know that devs bragged about "both fighter can transition at same time" but in reality it s EXACTLY like that.
u can transition but if opponent got better stats or there s lag there s high chance he will finish his transition and deny yours.
and when I am host, because of lag/latency/delay/other crap low ground stats boxers re denying my jiu jiutsu/wrestler/etc ground maxed fighter

now I don't know how exactly this mechanics works, but I think game should be looking more on ur standup punch/kick power to determine how strong u can strike in clinch/ground/posture etc.
I find it weird when ur striking power and speed just disappear on the ground

I also don't like how grabbing ur hand (animation from deny) will kill ur stamina to half or more, but that s just detail
Old 05-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah. I like it when people panic takedown you, and then just go from halfguard to side control or fullguard to halfguard over and over and you can't do **** about it because denials never work.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsoleBaddie
Yeah. I like it when people panic takedown you, and then just go from halfguard to side control or fullguard to halfguard over and over and you can't do **** about it because denials never work.

Lol.

I get it MMA is like a chess match. I get that's what they were aiming for, but fights are also frantic, fast paced and at times move a thousand miles an hour.

Sometimes it feels very robotic, and turn based.

Clinch, hold this way for 3 seconds, hold that way for 3 seconds. Now were on the ground, hold this way for 3 seconds, hold this way for 3 seconds.

Fights need to be a case of spilt second reactions and timing like in real life. Not hold right for three seconds while an animation plays out, then another 3 seconds while another animation plays out.

But what do I know.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #5
MVP

Denials work pretty good in fact they are OP as hell if u deny u have 80% of chance to do wtf u want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

Agreed, ground game is severely lacking in fluid motion. As for ground denials. LOL

The input lag in this game makes it so you have to predict which way they are going to transition.

Personally i think they should do away with GA(Grapple Advantage) As it is a under the hood mechanic, they dont explain it AT ALL to 90% of the player base. and it makes it nearly impossible to block transitions unless you are one of the guys that plays this game for 8 hours day or for some reason have no input lag.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:47 PM   #7
MVP

man some positions are easy to deny... but others not the guys that have huge experience can deny everything easily..
Old 05-19-2016, 04:03 PM   #8
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Not gonna lie, I often play off my cell phone hotspot and I can deny dang near every transition in the game, even with lag.

Practice.

Find a friend, choose 1 position and practice the denials. Learn the tells.

If you notice your'e playing against someone who is much worse than you, use them as a training dummy to work on certain positions.

Practice.

If you're on ps4, i'll roll with you and help you learn denials if you want.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »