Home

Postpatch: Strikes not blocking, but locking transitions?

This is a discussion on Postpatch: Strikes not blocking, but locking transitions? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Postpatch: Strikes not blocking, but locking transitions?

Hello lads,
Give this video a short look and tell me what you think. This guy just spammed the hell out of me in the single collar clinch. I wasn't even able to block because when I hold r1 nothing happened. I thought my Controller was broken but that wouldn't explain why the transitions were all locked. Things start to get buggy at around 10 seconds.
Check it out and let me now what you think (look in the section "reason for editing". Somehow I can't paste it in here with my smartphone lol)

Last edited by Fearhead24; 06-04-2016 at 06:04 PM. Reason: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud9hu3F5AI0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2016, 06:22 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Postpatch: Strikes not blocking, but locking transitions?

Hook to the head still interrupted my transition. Transition locked my transition. And I think I may have experienced what you're referring to but I'd have to check the video I saved to compare, it definitely wasn't being responsive.

Its weird tho because one fight I'll block strikes perfectly and its extremely responsive, same with TDs, clinch attempts I block super late and it still denies them clinch, yet another match, sometimes even the same match, i'll get taken down or dominated in grappling exchanges where nothing I do seems to work.

Not sure how much is based on lag but it seems like the game is super responsive at times and then its not, highly inconsistent, makes it difficult to know how to defend properly when every match is different, but it seems the standard is to do everything well ahead of time, before there's ever any way to see a visual que to know which direction to block, just have to guess and read your opponent.

But its impossible to read your opponents first couple steps in grappling exchanges which is why its so sad that you can have a back and forth even match up but the moment someone gets a TD and secures mount, spams punches relying on the fact that arm trap doesn't work properly. And/or your fighter just drops his hands and goes limp.

The signal for arm trap still shows up but it never works when I'm not blocking (Holding RB but arms drop in mount bottom). My guy just lays there defenseless after schooling a guy in every exchange, all the sudden his spamming Y Y Y Y Y Y Y is impossible to defend. That's my main beef with this game. Its great for the most part, then one exchange just leaves you feeling like its completely broken when you know exactly what someone is doing and how to defend and it simply doesn't work for whatever reason.

Last edited by Phenomenal01; 06-04-2016 at 06:35 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 06-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #3
MVP

Trillz's Arena

i havent experienced this yet but couldnt u block it then transition.

i think i remember fighting your character, my ut character is crystal wonderful.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillz
i havent experienced this yet but couldnt u block it then transition.

i think i remember fighting your character, my ut character is crystal wonderful.
I couldn't block it, that was the problem. I was holding r1 but nothing happened.
Yeah, we fought today. You have incredible ground game that compensated our 10 ovr difference. It was a good fight. The opness of the backside finished me in the end lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »