Home

Back Mount Still Underpowered

This is a discussion on Back Mount Still Underpowered within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Back Mount Still Underpowered

With patch 1.07 it's a little easier to defend the SUB Back Mount to SUB Half Guard....which is nice

BUT I still think Back Mount is quite underpowered, especially strikes (or lack thereof)

It's nearly impossible to land strikes from back mount; even if you have them flattened out. They almost always transition right through it.

This stands in stark contrast to Back Side Mount where strikes are king

I definitely can understand that Back Side Mount is a better striking/leverage position than backmount .... but FLATTNED back mount, at least, should make you very vulnerable to strikes (which then can transition to choke!) ... but yea, it's pretty much impossible to keep anyone in back mount, especially with strikes.

Thoughts??? I used to finish people from back mount (strikes OR subs) a lot in EA MMA but pretty much impossible in this game it seems to me
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 10:52 AM   #2
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Re: Back Mount Still Underpowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
With patch 1.07 it's a little easier to defend the SUB Back Mount to SUB Half Guard....which is nice

BUT I still think Back Mount is quite underpowered, especially strikes (or lack thereof)

It's nearly impossible to land strikes from back mount; even if you have them flattened out. They almost always transition right through it.

This stands in stark contrast to Back Side Mount where strikes are king

I definitely can understand that Back Side Mount is a better striking/leverage position than backmount .... but FLATTNED back mount, at least, should make you very vulnerable to strikes (which then can transition to choke!) ... but yea, it's pretty much impossible to keep anyone in back mount, especially with strikes.

Thoughts??? I used to finish people from back mount (strikes OR subs) a lot in EA MMA but pretty much impossible in this game it seems to me
I agree backside mount is stronger then backmount which doesnt make sense.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #3
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

Back flat is deadly...
Old 06-06-2016, 11:30 AM   #4
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
Back flat is deadly...
idk...I've never been finished there...also never finished anyone there...they just roll over to full mount lol so not sure how deadly it is, at least in my experience

I'm going to try and finish people from back mount more often (flat or not flat) just to test this some more
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 06-06-2016, 11:58 AM   #5
Rookie

Back flattened should be the most advantageous position in the game just like in real life but it is not. It's so stupid that the stamina drains like crazy when you are posture up. They need to patch it where it drains way slower. I have finished fight in this position but it was against noobs. Anyone competent will be able to transition out making it a very underpowered position for the amount of work involved to get someone there. Please fix this in the next patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterRay
Back flattened should be the most advantageous position in the game just like in real life but it is not. It's so stupid that the stamina drains like crazy when you are posture up. They need to patch it where it drains way slower. I have finished fight in this position but it was against noobs. Anyone competent will be able to transition out making it a very underpowered position for the amount of work involved to get someone there. Please fix this in the next patch.
yup well put!
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Old 06-06-2016, 12:59 PM   #7
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterRay
ive said this over and over and even sent GPD a message about this and it's still the same. For such a dangerous mma spot to be in, it's pretty easy to get out of in UFC 2.

Also the posture up and not do nothing but lose stamina is a joke in back mount (Flatten Oppenent)
Old 06-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #8
Rookie

chapmandachamp's Arena

I try to never leave back side to full back cuz there is no advantage and most of the time u end up in back sitting

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »