Home

Anyone have success landing a takedown after a strike?

This is a discussion on Anyone have success landing a takedown after a strike? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

OVR: 0
Cool Anyone have success landing a takedown after a strike?

I have recently been trying to chain together striikes and TDS. I am not having much success as dudes keep stuffing my TDs

Is this possible in this game? I have never had it done to me either, maybe it happens in div 7 which im almost at (Div 6 has been one long grind) or div 8.

For example is it possible to crack someone with an overhead right and chain it into a power double leg as my oppenent is stunned?

Or land a 3 hit combo and chain into a TD?

Also i dont want to have to do the goofy lean back or crouch before shooting. If possible

Big Cee are u able to do this?

Any tips guys?

Last edited by Shogun474; 08-08-2016 at 05:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2016, 07:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Re: Anyone have success landing a takedown after a strike?

Am i the only one that would like the ability to do this..

Last edited by Shogun474; 08-09-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
VideoGame PseudoScientist

Generative James's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
Am i the only one that would like the ability to o this..
You're not the only one. I have also experimented with putting take downs after combos but without success. I was hoping someone would post tips for this.
Old 08-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Shogun474's Arena

Hopefully they add this to UFC 3. If it's possible in this game Big Cee would be the man in the know i would imagine. Cee where u at?
Old 08-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
MVP

Trillz's Arena

im not sure but if u quickly shoot during their hit stun stumble, it may be much easier to complete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2016, 07:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun474
I have recently been trying to chain together striikes and TDS. I am not having much success as dudes keep stuffing my TDs

Is this possible in this game? I have never had it done to me either, maybe it happens in div 7 which im almost at (Div 6 has been one long grind) or div 8.

For example is it possible to crack someone with an overhead right and chain it into a power double leg as my oppenent is stunned?

Or land a 3 hit combo and chain into a TD?

Also i dont want to have to do the goofy lean back or crouch before shooting. If possible

Big Cee are u able to do this?

Any tips guys?
Avoid the power takedowns if the persons good at stuffing. I've chained TDs into combos before. Best used in exchanges though rather than you being aggressive.

Example, you both trying to lead jab straight, you get there first, land your jab straight, he starts to fire back his own combo, then you throw in a takedown. If you've been exchanging for a while and do this out of nowhere, you will get the TD
Old 08-11-2016, 09:17 AM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

good luck, it's tough to do

most (standing) takedowns are predicated upon slipping a couple strikes and then going for the takedown.

Hitting your opponent with a nice 3-piece combo; or a power overhand or head kick; does not make it more likely you land the takedown

unless you consider that perhaps it panics your opponent and he isn't able to stuff you as quickly --- that's definitely a tactic --- but in-game (i.e. if it were you vs. computer) I'm all but positive there's no benefit to your takedown ability after landing a couple big strikes.

Your best bet to get a takedown is in the clinch --- and/or once your opponent gets used to you going for a clinch, and he tries stuffing clinch attempt, THEN you go for a standing takedown and he will deny the wrong way if he's a n00b and you will get auto takedown

but yes, I hope they make takedowns much more dynamic next go-around

(especially tying-in stamina a lot more --- nothing I hate more than having 100% stamina and getting stuffed by a <40% stam opponent ahhhhh)
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 08-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #8
Pro

I've done it against people I was clearly better than.. But the issue is I'd say you're prolly at a disadvantage.. You throw some punches, your stamina dropped a little which if it's lower than theirs a power takedown won't work and the meter will also fill slightly slower giving them a better chance to deny than just going for a td in the first place...

I think anyways. I usually just time my takedowns for after a spinning move/high kick or some big punch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »