Home

With new blocking system guys that dont parry are at a disadvantage.

This is a discussion on With new blocking system guys that dont parry are at a disadvantage. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-24-2016, 08:53 PM   #1
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
With new blocking system guys that dont parry are at a disadvantage.

Seriously, why is the parry so rewarded?

You lose no arm health from a parry and get to deliver a mega shot afterwards.

I dont parry because its stupid and looks fake yet i am now at a disadvantage because my arm health gets broken from blocking punches yet the guy who just parries all fight doesnt.

Sad sad state.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 09:29 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: With new blocking system guys that dont parry are at a disadvantage.

Because parrying takes actual skill and timing. Or else the people who just spam shots as they walk straight at you could brainlessly punch with their lvl5 fluidity perk and win. There has to be something that discourages people from fighting like that and parries are the answer. I don't like them that much either but I use them and everything else to get my opponent out of my face so I can pick them apart strategically from the outside

Last edited by Fornez; 10-24-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:51 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornez
Because parrying takes actual skill and timing
hahaha what? Parrying takes neither skill nor timing and is ridiculously over rewarded.

1. The parry window is extremely large, I haven't tested it but it must be 20 frames at the very least. If your timing is even in the ballpark of precise you will parry with no problem.

2. You don't have to worry one bit about what kind of strike the opponent is throwing. Jab? Straight? Left hook? Right hook? Left upper? Right upper? Superman punches? Overhands? Roundhouses? Wheel kicks? Showtime kicks off the cage? R2/RT+[]/Y and you'll parry them all as long as you guess whether it's to the head or body.

3. The amount of stun you get from being parried is absolutely insane, as are the counter opportunities. You parry the smallest of jabs and your opponent pretty much does the splits and allows you to land a free lead headkick. A free headkick off of a jab parry

I've ranted about this before in other threads, so I'm not gonna write a 6000 word essay here, only that I think the parries are the worst flaw in the entire striking aspect of this game. They either need to be majorly revamped or left out entirely
Old 10-24-2016, 11:58 PM   #4
Rookie

The parries aren't good but they have to be there cause EA hasn't provided a better option for keeping people off of you, and it does take timing and skill when they are mixing it up and you can still parry. As long as they aren't a moron and only strike to the head with the same strike everytime
Old 10-25-2016, 03:10 AM   #5
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

Exactly.
Why Parry becomes so rewarded? because Parry is the ONLY ONE that gives you Striking advantage, i.e. allow to start your move/strike sooner than the opponent.
All other defensive techniques does not allow this and w/o hit stuns you can not to retake advantage.

> How to solve this:
create Striking advantage after any hit (more dmg > more Striking advantage STA), and all defensive techniques must to give STA (size based on the technique type and blocked attack power).
Only then the Parries becomes bajanced among other defensive techniques or may be removed at all.
More details in New stand up Striking mechanics thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...scussions.html

Last edited by SUGATA; 10-25-2016 at 07:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #6
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Parrying is lame.

I don't parry and still own people standing up though

IF they MUST keep parrying in UFC 3, they need to do this:

* R1 = Block High and R2 = Block Low, like now

* To parry, you must ALSO flick the right stick in the correct QUADRANT

What does that mean?

To parry a Headkick to your left ear --- you must not only hit R1 to block high; you must ALSO push the Right Stick to the "10 o'clock" position. Not straight up (12 o'clock) or slightly to the upper right (1 o'clock) --- you have to hit the upper left hand quadrant of the R Stick, AND hit R1, and time it perfectly.

If you mess up --- let's say you hold R1 correctly; but accidentally attempt to parry the OTHER side of your head (2 o'clock position; when the head kick is coming to your left ear i.e. 10 o'clock postition) --- you get knocked the **** OUT !!!!

because you were trying to parry a kick to your right ear; but instead, you were hit flush in the left ear; you didn't see it coming, good night!

NEED A LOT MORE RISK FOR PARRYING LIKE A MADMAN
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 10-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUGATA
Exactly.
Why Parry becomes so rewarded? because Parry is the ONLY ONE that gives you Striking advantage, i.e. allow to start your move/strike sooner than the opponent.
All other defensive techniques does not allow this and w/o hit stuns you can not to retake advantage.

> How to solve this:
create Striking advantage after any hit (more dmg > more Striking advantage STA), and all defensive techniques must to give STA (size based on the technique type and blocked attack power).
Only then the Parries becomes bajanced among other defensive techniques or may be removed at all.
More details in New stand up Striking mechanics thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...scussions.html
Sadly, this is true. It's not just that the parry is over rewarded, but that all other methods of countering are under rewarded.

• Slipping a strike and countering? People just eat it.
  • Sidestepping a strike and countering? People just eat it.
  • Your opponent whiffs a headkick (ie. makes no contact at all) and you counter with a full power Cro Cop left high kick? People just eat it.
  • You time a strike perfectly and hit your opponent with a right cross just before his left hook lands? People just eat it.

I think for striking to function better two things must happen in EA UFC 3:

More permanent stamina drain
If you throw 200 strikes in round 1 even the most well-conditioned fighter will be running on empty halfway through round 2. The pace must be slowed down so that people who go full blast in round 1 will be exhausted in the later rounds.

Reward movement counters instead of parries
All the situations I mentioned in the second paragraph need to be much better rewarded instead of parries

Counters should look like this:
Old 10-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #8
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Thumbs up Re: With new blocking system guys that dont parry are at a disadvantage.

Some really good thoughts and ideas in this thread!

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »