Home

Won a decision that I had less of everything in, and think I might know why

This is a discussion on Won a decision that I had less of everything in, and think I might know why within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Won a decision that I had less of everything in, and think I might know why

Posted to Reddit aswell, this fight happened in UT LW

Yea, Uhtred of Devon. On PS4. Not here to throw shade on the guy, do what you gotta do, but he developed this really interesting style.
He will take you down (I have low TDF, usually don't mind, keep reading). He will then sit in guard, forever. He will get posture up, and immediately moves to half guard so you cant kick him off, and i cant seem to block it. He will hit you with baby strikes all the time, allow you back to guard, so he can rinse and repeat. Did this to me for the first 2 rounds, literally, the most bored I've ever been.
Round 3, I think, **** this, I'm playing dirty.
I threw nothing but crane kicks, and the occasional lead knee rear uppercut combo. I would take him down, get a quick sub attempt in, ALMOST finish it, then be postured up, smashing him, eventually he would get a sweep, last few minutes a repeat of the first few rounds. Rd 4, same thing, but i rocked and dropped him, got a few subs, rd 5, same thing, survives first min or 2, final 3 or 4 spent going from guard, to posture up, to half guard, I regain guard....repeat.
Anyway, I won the decision, with far less strikes, (but more sigs), less take downs, less ground passes, and alot less stamina. He complained.
I think I had an epiphany.
I was actually close to finishing the fight in every round rd 3,4, and 5. He still "dominated" the way he had done the first few rounds, but didn't nearly finish, and I think this negated everything he did!!
Just a theory anyway, curious what you guys think. I was sure Id lost the fight. Maybe this is the reason we see so many messed up decisions being complained about?

He called my tactic of beating him "cowardly and cheesey" aswell (it was cheesey, that was my goal... but cowardly?! Says him?! :P), which makes me think he was trolling me lol. Just said, hey man, I did what I had to to win the decision that you were clearly playing for :P

Edit - Oh, forgot this part. If, for whatever reason, he ended up in top side control, say, after I went for a sub, he would stand up, then jump into my guard so he could keep repeating his lil sequence. (I was expecting this by the end and upkicking him so I could stand up) He did that in the second round, is when I realised that this was all he wanted to do. I mean, who gives up Side Control with a stamina advantage?

Last edited by SpartanZombieXD; 12-07-2016 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Just forgot a point
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 11:19 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Won a decision that I had less of everything in, and think I might know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanZombieXD
Posted to Reddit aswell, this fight happened in UT LW

Yea, Uhtred of Devon. On PS4. Not here to throw shade on the guy, do what you gotta do, but he developed this really interesting style.
He will take you down (I have low TDF, usually don't mind, keep reading). He will then sit in guard, forever. He will get posture up, and immediately moves to half guard so you cant kick him off, and i cant seem to block it. He will hit you with baby strikes all the time, allow you back to guard, so he can rinse and repeat. Did this to me for the first 2 rounds, literally, the most bored I've ever been.
Round 3, I think, **** this, I'm playing dirty.
I threw nothing but crane kicks, and the occasional lead knee rear uppercut combo. I would take him down, get a quick sub attempt in, ALMOST finish it, then be postured up, smashing him, eventually he would get a sweep, last few minutes a repeat of the first few rounds. Rd 4, same thing, but i rocked and dropped him, got a few subs, rd 5, same thing, survives first min or 2, final 3 or 4 spent going from guard, to posture up, to half guard, I regain guard....repeat.
Anyway, I won the decision, with far less strikes, (but more sigs), less take downs, less ground passes, and alot less stamina. He complained.
I think I had an epiphany.
I was actually close to finishing the fight in every round rd 3,4, and 5. He still "dominated" the way he had done the first few rounds, but didn't nearly finish, and I think this negated everything he did!!
Just a theory anyway, curious what you guys think. I was sure Id lost the fight. Maybe this is the reason we see so many messed up decisions being complained about?

He called my tactic of beating him "cowardly and cheesey" aswell (it was cheesey, that was my goal... but cowardly?! Says him?! :P), which makes me think he was trolling me lol. Just said, hey man, I did what I had to to win the decision that you were clearly playing for :P

Edit - Oh, forgot this part. If, for whatever reason, he ended up in top side control, say, after I went for a sub, he would stand up, then jump into my guard so he could keep repeating his lil sequence. (I was expecting this by the end and upkicking him so I could stand up) He did that in the second round, is when I realised that this was all he wanted to do. I mean, who gives up Side Control with a stamina advantage?
Fought him as well once, he did nothing but throw low line leg kicks, all fight long. Couldn't touch him or take him down, was the most frustrated I've ever been
Old 12-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme_Bananas
Fought him as well once, he did nothing but throw low line leg kicks, all fight long. Couldn't touch him or take him down, was the most frustrated I've ever been
Yea, that was his tactic with me at first, he quickly learns that my inside leg kick will beat his low line one lol. He ground me out one time cos I had such faith in my guard. Didn't realise how willing he was to not even try to finish. Gotta give him his dues, hes good once hes there, but would have alot more respect for him if he at least seemed to TRY to finish :/ After learning that I knew to kick him off when he postured up, but now hes developed this other wrinkle that, at least for the moment, is confusing me
Old 12-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Sub attempts.

It's been talked about a bunch actually. For some reason sub attempts give huuuge points on the score cards.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 12-08-2016, 03:38 AM   #5
Banned

Octagon control > all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 10:35 AM   #6
Pro

I thought I knew decisions, but then I decided to do the live events, against the freaking AI.

Was doing the live events, Makovsky vs. Ortiz. I pick Makovsky to win by DEC so I do my best not to accidentally KO the AI. I take him down early each round, spend the entire fight on top and do a couple submission attempts. The score? I LOSE by 29/28UD

I try again and I decide to leave absolutely nothing to chance. I knock him down each round, I get him into a final stage submission each round, I outstrike him literally 4 to 1 in both total and sig strikes, I am 6/7 in takedowns and he is 0/5.

The result? I win, by 29-28 SPLIT DECISION

Old 12-08-2016, 11:53 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Sub attempts.

It's been talked about a bunch actually. For some reason sub attempts give huuuge points on the score cards.
1 good sub tempt should be worth more than sitting in top guard throwing garbage the whole time IMO
Old 12-08-2016, 03:35 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeric
1 good sub tempt should be worth more than sitting in top guard throwing garbage the whole time IMO
Except that sub attempts that advance only 1 stage count almost as much as a knockdown, it's won me many decisions, kind of OP

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »