Home

Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread

This is a discussion on Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #1
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread

Title says it all. Share some strategies you used that you've found to be successful. Not sure how to use the ground game, not sure how to take advantage of reach, wanna know how to use a fighter, etc. Ask here.

I'll start, do not do what I do and button mash and panic when put in the MT clinch. I haven't found the strategy to be very successful.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Official EA UFC 2 "Teach me how/strategy" thread

I just don't understand the ground game. I know what I'm supposed to be doing but I just can't get it to work right. And I can never improve position because the cpu always either blocks my transition or moves to a better position themselves, even if I somehow miraculously manage to block one of their transitions they'll try to transition again immediately after. It seems like it may be stamina based, but their stamina never goes down from what I can tell.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:47 AM   #3
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blonde
I just don't understand the ground game. I know what I'm supposed to be doing but I just can't get it to work right. And I can never improve position because the cpu always either blocks my transition or moves to a better position themselves, even if I somehow miraculously manage to block one of their transitions they'll try to transition again immediately after. It seems like it may be stamina based, but their stamina never goes down from what I can tell.
Try a strike from the bottom to gain GA and transition. That is how I usually get out from under the CPU. Transition fakes are good for online, but the CPU is very quick to deny. So these might not be the best here. You can try it, but it isn't a guarantee. Just flick the stick the direction you want the CPU to think you are going and transition the opposite way.

Denials are harder this game, but are attainable. If you can get these down, you will drain their stamina. Enough to hopefully allow you to get the transition.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #4
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

If you have a reach advantage use it by popping 1-2s. Mix it up go to.the body. If it's a human opponent and they start getting frustrated coming foreward throwing too much take advantage of it.
I saw this other piece of advice on another site if you encounter a parry spammer. Didn't matter what I threw he would parry and crush me with an overhand right. He never led he always waited for me. So.I started feinting and it actually worked. Feinted a punch and you could see his palms open high. Then body kicked him. Did this for a bit so of course he started adjusting his parry spam low. Faked a knee then 1-2 high. Busted this guy up really quick....
Old 03-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #5
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Okay, I put this in the Q&A thread but it is far more fitting in here:

Anyone have any general tips on blocking ground transitions? I can get into dominate positions, but I'm horrible at blocking the AI from working right back to where we started.

Should I be more patient and sometimes just wait for them to make a move and then block it, as opposed to trying to block one while I'm going about my business striking or going to transition again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2016, 06:31 PM   #6
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar

Should I be more patient and sometimes just wait for them to make a move and then block it, as opposed to trying to block one while I'm going about my business striking or going to transition again?
Yes. Preemptive denials have been removed. However, the tells are much better this game. The vibration you get on your controller is to give you feedback on if you are too early or too late. Try to find that sweet spot.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:57 PM   #7
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Okay, I put this in the Q&A thread but it is far more fitting in here:

Anyone have any general tips on blocking ground transitions? I can get into dominate positions, but I'm horrible at blocking the AI from working right back to where we started.

just stay patient and work your ground advantage up before you go for top mount. I usually just stay in half or side guard and just deny until they are low on stam.
Old 03-22-2016, 12:58 AM   #8
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Okay, I've posted this before. Very easy to do. Most people never realize it, and it is a game changer for a lot of people. I'll put an image of what I am talking about, and I want you to guess what the tip is.

You will be surprised when you figure this out. A lot of complaints might even stop.

Last edited by fishingtime; 03-22-2016 at 01:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »