Home

What the hell happens?

This is a discussion on What the hell happens? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:52 AM   #9
North of 60

Morgan Monkman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What the hell happens?

Have to agree with kasel.

Never hated the ground game on any previous mma as much as I hate this one and the striking is even worse

I have about 1k matches and I'd say I have more non fun matches than fun matches.

Literally he same thing happens every natch, either a guy trys to clinch and go for a single leg or they just stand there holding high blocking waiting to parry.

I recently tried getting into ultimate team but after a spate of facing about 7 guys in a row with unlimited stamina and level 5 moves in Division 2 I had to quit as well.

What a mess ultimate team is. I really hope they rethink that mode entirely
Old 03-16-2017, 08:23 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Monkman
Have to agree with kasel.

Never hated the ground game on any previous mma as much as I hate this one and the striking is even worse

I have about 1k matches and I'd say I have more non fun matches than fun matches.

Literally he same thing happens every natch, either a guy trys to clinch and go for a single leg or they just stand there holding high blocking waiting to parry.

I recently tried getting into ultimate team but after a spate of facing about 7 guys in a row with unlimited stamina and level 5 moves in Division 2 I had to quit as well.

What a mess ultimate team is. I really hope they rethink that mode entirely
I disagree with but respect your take on the game. With that said, I dont understand the above statement.

I cant imagine playing 1000 matches of a game I hate. Especially with so many other games to play. ****, I would just go back to UFC 1 or UD3.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:32 AM   #11
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
I don't think UFC 2 sucks, actually I've enjoyed this game since launch, more so after they fixed the magic combos. Now I can't speak for everyone, but i think this is the most balanced UFC online gameplay ever made. Now it may not be realistic but it's very balanced (besides a few lil things) and very fun. The only things that kills this game for me is the ruthless lag you experience from people across the world.
The balance is fine for top players, but absolutely kills the experience. At least the optics of the striking. It just looks sooooo bad. The combos are still pretty unrealistic too. Everyone caps their combos with a high kick. If they could get people to play realistically by changing some things, do it.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:55 AM   #12
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

I think the game is enjoyed only by those who always win. In my personal experience with this game, I lose a lot (around 100-90) and it's the most frustrating game I have ever had. On top of that, I found many players who are inutile enough to message me laughing and mocking at my loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #13
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Gonna have to agree with aholbert32 on this one. When you've played 1k+ matches, your "this game sucks" nomination doesn't really hold much value anymore. With that amount of matches played, you'll see the flaws in even the best games out there, and I can asure you that you'd most likely be sick of them. But that doesn't mean you can just waive away all the hours of fun (I assume?) you had with it.

Can't really do the whole good or bad thing with this game anyway tbh. I think its far more than decent enough so that we're always atleast in the middle. If you want a bad MMA game, I challenge you to try out Supremacy MMA and Bellator MMA Onslaught, that's some ****.

I think they done a lot of things right from the start with this franchise, even more so in the sequel where they did improve upon a lot of things I did not really like all too much. I can safely say that I don't like anything they did with the striking though, with the history of fighting games we're dealing with here, I've always found that part of the game very underwhelming, absolutely no depth behind it at all. And I think we'd had been sharing our concerns about that from the start. Unfortunately it took a path that I assume is going to be incredibly difficult to get out of.

As for Ultimate Team, I think it's great. Those modes are very difficult to balance. I know for a fact that FIFA's first take on it suffered from cheap strategies just as much. Balancing is key for a mode like this and hopefully they monitored all of these things so that it won't happen again.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:17 AM   #14
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Gonna have to agree with aholbert32 on this one. When you've played 1k+ matches, your "this game sucks" nomination doesn't really hold much value anymore. With that amount of matches played, you'll see the flaws in even the best games out there, and I can asure you that you'd most likely be sick of them. But that doesn't mean you can just waive away all the hours of fun (I assume?) you had with it.
There are no other alternatives though. 1000 matches is nothing when you love something, and only have one option. I love steak, but I am always looking for a better steak.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #15
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
There are no other alternatives though. 1000 matches is nothing when you love something, and only have one option. I love steak, but I am always looking for a better steak.
Fair enough, but you'd stop eating the bad steak, I surely hope you won't continue eating it just for the sake of having one.

I get what you are saying, and there is no competition alright. But if you really did not enjoyed the game anymore you would not have made it the year through.

I mean everyone is different but I stopped playing before I got to the point where everything starts to bother me.

Ah well, I still can't believe they are actually considering releasing the next game this year from what I read on here. I thought it would take much longer than that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2017, 09:55 AM   #16
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Fair enough, but you'd stop eating the bad steak, I surely hope you won't continue eating it just for the sake of having one.

I get what you are saying, and there is no competition alright. But if you really did not enjoyed the game anymore you would not have made it the year through.

I mean everyone is different but I stopped playing before I got to the point where everything starts to bother me.

Ah well, I still can't believe they are actually considering releasing the next game this year from what I read on here. I thought it would take much longer than that.
The steak is still good enough to eat.

I will play until I can't stand it, and quit. Even Undisputed got people who abused the game's mechanics and ruined the fun. I could care less about losing if they are just good players playing realistically. There were a few of those on Undisputed as well. People who won't bend for a win.

It is just good to point out the flaws. Rehash some of the old discussions. Think about new ways to come at it. After all, look at how the game has progressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »