Home

Body/Head/Legs areas?

This is a discussion on Body/Head/Legs areas? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
MVP

Yaari's Arena

OVR: 0
Body/Head/Legs areas?

After reading a different post on here, I was reminded that I would like to see what other people think damage areas (for lack of better word, I have no idea what to call it) should be like.

For example it feels that in EA UFC 2, that body KO was never too far away, Do you like this approach? You don't really see the body as a target to finish fights too often, except for some fighters like Cerrone, Matt Brown and Lesnar. These guys seem more vulnerable to body shots.

In EA UFC 2 it felt that the body became the target whenever someone would be covering up. People will often switch around. I think that is fair but I don't think the strikes to head/body parts should have the same effect.

Should the body not mainly be a target used to drain the endurance of your opponent in the later rounds. Now while this in a game would possibly be tricky and a way of introducing some real cheese tactics if not done correctly, I do think it is way too much interesting as a game aspect to overlook.

I think for the legs, there was an issue in the second game beta where you'd be seeing the finishes by leg kicks a little too often. After all its quite a safe strike to throw, especially with lankier fighters.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to get a discussion going to see how other people think this should be approached and if they feel this is important in any way.

I might be wrong and we'd be seeing a lot more body KO's if it is targeted as often as it is in the games compared to real MMA.

Lets hear it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Body/Head/Legs areas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
After reading a different post on here, I was reminded that I would like to see what other people think damage areas (for lack of better word, I have no idea what to call it) should be like.

For example it feels that in EA UFC 2, that body KO was never too far away, Do you like this approach? You don't really see the body as a target to finish fights too often, except for some fighters like Cerrone, Matt Brown and Lesnar. These guys seem more vulnerable to body shots.

In EA UFC 2 it felt that the body became the target whenever someone would be covering up. People will often switch around. I think that is fair but I don't think the strikes to head/body parts should have the same effect.

Should the body not mainly be a target used to drain the endurance of your opponent in the later rounds. Now while this in a game would possibly be tricky and a way of introducing some real cheese tactics if not done correctly, I do think it is way too much interesting as a game aspect to overlook.

I think for the legs, there was an issue in the second game beta where you'd be seeing the finishes by leg kicks a little too often. After all its quite a safe strike to throw, especially with lankier fighters.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to get a discussion going to see how other people think this should be approached and if they feel this is important in any way.

I might be wrong and we'd be seeing a lot more body KO's if it is targeted as often as it is in the games compared to real MMA.

Lets hear it!
-ask any fighter, body shots are the most damaging strikes... u don't see often people getting KOed with them because u leave yourself open when u try it, but when they land... it's almost a certain KO and it really hurt
-legkicks should take movement and power in the next game...
Old 09-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

One thing I didn't like about the UFC 2 damage system is how the damage and recovery logic was exactly the same for head/body/legs and arms.

As an example, take the Melendez fight on Saturday. Legs just don't recover quickly at all. In fact, you could argue that they don't recover.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
One thing I didn't like about the UFC 2 damage system is how the damage and recovery logic was exactly the same for head/body/legs and arms.

As an example, take the Melendez fight on Saturday. Legs just don't recover quickly at all. In fact, you could argue that they don't recover.
yeah they don't recover... they get worse... like lyoto vs. shogun 1
Old 09-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

In the beta I also thought leg kick finishes where over the top. I also wasn't stoked on the turn head and scream in pain looking health event. I'd prefer fighters quickly dropping to one knee and standing back up like sometimes happens, or knockdowns like what happened to Giblert.

Didn't RDA get Magny to the ground with a leg kick?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 01:50 PM   #6
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:

i hope ea ufc 3 focuses more on the movement getting affected while the leg is getting hurt like the melendez fight, also you need to look into his leg health ratings and make it one of the lowest in the division. But he has huge heart. However i feel the leg damage for ea ufc 2 was great but it just never affected movement thus not being able to get a leg kick TKO.

body health should reduce stamina abit more but it depends the types of shots you recive to the stomach, a well place technique kick or body kick should take more compared to a jab to the body. You would know all the ratios for that.

The arm bleedthrough was fine imo but im sure you cant just 1-2 aall fight to break it down now.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:12 PM   #7
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
In the beta I also thought leg kick finishes where over the top. I also wasn't stoked on the turn head and scream in pain looking health event. I'd prefer fighters quickly dropping to one knee and standing back up like sometimes happens, or knockdowns like what happened to Giblert.

Didn't RDA get Magny to the ground with a leg kick?
You can get people down with leg kicks in ea ufc 2 aswell. But magny was upright that rarely happens i think magny just has weak legs and lanky frame.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:26 PM   #8
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmlimo
-ask any fighter, body shots are the most damaging strikes... u don't see often people getting KOed with them because u leave yourself open when u try it, but when they land... it's almost a certain KO and it really hurt
-legkicks should take movement and power in the next game...
Interesting. But like, is the damage sudden, or more like, build-up damage over rounds? Like, I know that if you take a shot to the liver, it will make you drop instantly. But obviously the body is much bigger target than just that.

Quote:

Ah they were the same? Interesting. And yeah that is definitely true, they don't seem to recover much. Then again I don't know if the icing in between the rounds helps much. Maybe a little, it never seems to fully recover that's for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »