Home

netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3?

This is a discussion on netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2017, 05:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3?

my biggest issue with this game is online delay, lag, whatever u want to call it
i cant really deal with fact that if i know where opponent is going and i have enough stamina and stats to make deny and i press it when i see first sign of opponent movement and game just dont register it at all, same with submission minigame
i tried to fix this problem by switching from TV to monitor, buying new cables, upgrading connection speed, buying two new routers, changing router settings etc. and there just always will be some matches when i can just do nothing, game will be choppy, queue of strikes delayed and somehow opponent will be fluent with no problems whatsoever

so my question is>
does anybody know if they re improving or changing netcode, lag compensation and other tools for online gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3?

I know what you mean,

I've been experiencing those kinds of annoying situations myself. But keep in mind that to some other opponents YOU are the one who is fluent and who's gameplay is just on point with no interruptions, and they are getting the delays specially if you have a monitor (which i heard makes a difference but never had the chance to see), and you bought better cables, and upgraded the connection speed, and got an additional router. To be frank - sounds like your gameplay online should be awesome! But you know your's better.

Regarding the next game - I don't know what they can do to make the fluency of the game better when it comes to online gaming because at the end of the day it is a matter of connection speed and distance between ip\s no? I do hope that they will take it into consideration however, because, at this type of game, the milliseconds before or after you see an opponent's attempt for a sweep or sub make all the difference.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: netcode/lag compensation/matchmaking changes, dedicated servers etc. for UFC3?

There's nothing more frustrating. I find it can be absolutely fine and then someone goes for a take-down and everything starts going to ****. Clinch is a nightmare too.

I wonder if it's to do with the grapple advantage, like the screen freezes when my opponent has grapple advantage.

Sent from my HTC Desire 530 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-21-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
Pro

Donnie_Brasco_FR's Arena

We need quality network filter before to search a fight.
Why to play a laggy and painful fight? Dont want to play against guys who live at the other end of the earth or who have poor connexion, i am from western Europe and i have only troubles with asians and brazilians.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
somehow opponent will be fluent with no problems whatsoever
I've been complaining in this forum about EA UFC 2 since it came out & 90% of my complains are linked to netcode/connection/matchmaking issues.

I've made a post a while back, asking if anyone is focusing on it, because this has been the exact same issue since EA UFC 1, but it only got worse with EA UFC 2, because it included 2 matchmaking changes:
  1. Split of the online community, because of the introduction of the Ultimate Team mode.
  2. Addition of more Divisions & introduction of skill based matchmaking in the casual quick match mode.

From the looks of it and from the past 2 games's trackrecord on those technical issues, there isn't likely gonna be any netcode compensation for the stand-up.

If they don't focus on a better matchmaking system, then i can easily see the new striking system flopping, as the input lag will cause it's low tolerance for mistakes, to turn into a broken unplayable game.

As far as netcode compensation for the ground-game is concerned, i believe GameplayDevUFC might have mentioned something about considering it, as there are more predictable outcomes on the grappling section of the game, since it's a closed system, compared to the open stand-up system.

But yet again, my biggest concerns are for the stand-up. I expect it to be more complex & have a lot of focus on movement, head movement & defense in general and if there is any significant lag or delay on such a system, it breaks apart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 06:41 AM   #6
Rookie

i cant really deal with this problem anymore, it s kinda killing whole point of UT, after wasting so much time with grinding coins to just see that my 5* cards arent good enough to beat 3* cards because timing is out of window for everything because of lag/delay/whatever.
it s really painful to watch that somebody s getting free combos, free reversals n denies, free takedowns, free submission gates just because of it
i wish that devs think of online delay and lag next time they re desinging netcode
Old 08-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #7
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

Where were you all when I complained about it with EA UFC 1? People said to quit crying. Now it is even worse than the first game. I quit playing the game because it was useless to even talk about it. The top guys obviously don't have an issue or they would have fixed it.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:28 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie_Brasco_FR
We need quality network filter before to search a fight.
Why to play a laggy and painful fight? Dont want to play against guys who live at the other end of the earth or who have poor connexion, i am from western Europe and i have only troubles with asians and brazilians.

I'm in New York. Playing Brazilians is the worst. I have a method in which I'm able to avoid those fights. I know two guys from Brazil and they hate me for it. Lmao game ends upon the start and no loss for either of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »