Home

My Most Requested Mode - Own a Gym

This is a discussion on My Most Requested Mode - Own a Gym within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My Most Requested Mode - Own a Gym

This is a great idea. Would be a very replayable mode
Old 01-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #10
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehy83
I heard of universe mode from WWE games but never played them. What exactly would be a universe mode in this, kind of like a my league from NBA 2k?
ill write up my version for universe mode, its similar to this but this is more gym orientated, building your stable of fighters. Universe mode is more Dana white/sean selby running the UFC.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #11
MVP

I like this. I really do.

But if we get this before some sort of Universe/Matchmaker mode, I will lose all hope of ever getting the type of mode I'm looking for.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #12
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Yes!!! This is much like the idea I've had since UFC 2 but with more financial detail. For those wanting Universe first, I think the mode should be able to give you those same options, kind of like how Madden tried to work in CFM where you can pick being from Superstar, GM and Coach options. But maybe just have Camp and Promotion mode(...? I dunno, I can't think of the right position/name to call it right now).

-Use CAFs or manage to pull roster fighters into your camp and have real life camps established.

-Have fighters retire throughout the mode and some can become coaches for your camp.

-Personally, I'm hoping maybe at least 10 fighters could work per camp (the more the merrier though) and you can have plenty of fights per year if you want to have more fights and time with regular roster fighters than the usual career mode.

-Have ratings like speed, chin and etc actually start to deplete after so long depending on the amount of fights and damage taken. No forced retirements, just continue at your own risk.

-Have a generic Amateur and JMMA organization to start out in or maybe have to end your fighter's careers once they start losing too much in the UFC.

-The ability to add additional CAFs whenever you want like with the WWE Universe mode. Editing ability for generic fighters in the mode.

There's so many options and ways this could work and it gives you time to actually fight plenty of fights within the original roster in a realistic timeline.

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 01-02-2018 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:51 AM   #13
Rookie

sheehy83's Arena

Yeah was thinking like when your fighters retire/win belts, have them on big pictures on the wall like the TUF gym of previous winners. Having them take up coaching positions would be a brilliant addition. Also, it would be good if one of the caf's in the gym was automatically assigned a stat boost when first created to give a superstar feel. Have them be superior to your other caf's, give them a superstar feel while some of your other guys/girls might have lower than average stats and destined to be journeymen.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #14
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Wow, I hadn't clicked on this thread because I didn't think I would be interested, but this is a friggin awesome idea. Seriously really cool. I would play the heck out of a mode like this.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 01-05-2018, 10:55 PM   #15
Pro

Something like this would be a nice addition to the game.
I'm with it. As an offline player I would play something like this. It's never been done in MMA games.

This mode is basically a my GM mode with a twist.

But as an online player as well I would also like a less maintenance Online Gym/ Fight Camp mode. It would take rivalries to a new level. Online Gyms in FNC had a feature similar to EA UFC's Rivals Mode to fight your friends for a belt and record. Online Gyms also allowed people to fight other gyms.

UFC Undisputed had Online Fight Camps with it's own camp record leaderboards. It also had the ability to do online sparring with your camp members which was just and online practice mode with friends, but certain things would somehow carry into the offline career mode. It's been way too long since any of these modes existed in combat games as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2020, 12:33 PM   #16
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Ahh we didnt got it. Maybe on next gen in ufc 5....

Wysłane z mojego CPH2015 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »