Home

Real time clock vs accelerated clock

This is a discussion on Real time clock vs accelerated clock within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Real time clock vs accelerated clock

Am I the only one who thinks that UFC 3 works much better with a real time clock?

I only play against CPU lately, but I dont gas as fast... which is a problem against CPU on an accelerated clock setting. The health seems to be more balanced. I dont get 20 rocks per round. I have to pace myself more on a 15/25min clock, but I do have a 99% finishing rate win or loss though so.... Yeah... We need to work on that against AI.

It would also benefit online imo.

It happens that I throw about 150-170 strikes per round against the CPU (40-50% accuracy 80 strikes landed). I can feel the difference starting round 2 with such an output of strikes in round 1. Even when I choose fighters with good stamina Adesanya, Khabib, Colby, Jones etc. If I continue to strike like that with a good stamina fighter against the CPU, I will most likely lose the fight against Khabib for example.

I understand that EA Sports games like Fifa, Madden, NFL and NBA have an accelerated clock, but a 15min match is absolutely no problem for an MMA game. A Multiplayer match on a shooter like BF or CoD take about 10-15 min. so I dont see a problem here, especially when 85% of all matches end with a finish in Championships. Normal fights 15min. Championship 25min.

Stamina is a big issue, so is it possible that the health stats and stamina stats work different on a real time clock in UFC 3... Or am I tripping?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2019, 07:06 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Real time clock vs accelerated clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Am I the only one who thinks that UFC 3 works much better with a real time clock?

I only play against CPU lately, but I dont gas as fast... which is a problem against CPU on an accelerated clock setting. The health seems to be more balanced. I dont get 20 rocks per round. I have to pace myself more on a 15/25min clock, but I do have a 99% finishing rate win or loss though so.... Yeah... We need to work on that against AI.

It happens that I throw about 150-170 strikes per round against the CPU (40-50% accuracy 80 strikes landed). I can feel the difference starting round 2 with such an output of strikes in round 1. Even when I choose fighters with good stamina Adesanya, Khabib, Colby, Jones etc. If I continue to strike like that with a good stamina fighter against the CPU, I will most likely lose the fight against Khabib for example.

I understand that EA Sports games like Fifa, Madden, NFL and NBA have an accelerated clock, but a 15min match is absolutely no problem for an MMA game. A Multiplayer match on a shooter like BF or CoD take about 10-15 min. so I dont see a problem here, especially when 85% of all matches end with a finish in Championships. Normal fights 15min. Championship 25min.

Stamina is a big issue, so is it possible that the health stats and stamina stats work different on a real time clock in UFC 3... Or am I tripping?

I dont want to sit there a full half hour chasing runners or dealing with knee spammers. We need to increase stamina tax on blocked strikes
Old 11-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212headkick
I dont want to sit there a full half hour chasing runners or dealing with knee spammers. We need to increase stamina tax on blocked strikes
Do yall really need to try and devolve every thread into that, practice mode or whichever your flavor of the month demand is?

I've always been in favor of real-time rounds but it's quite obviously not gonna become the norm. I'd imagine the devs either have a preconceived notion or some sort of data that suggests that most players don't want to spend potentially 25 minutes in one match. For what it's worth, grappling can become an issue if you can hold someone down for minutes at a time.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:53 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy

I prefer the accelerated clock because I pretty much play Custom Events exclusively. A full 15 or 25 minutes wouldn't be preferable in that mode, although we should have the option like we do now I suppose.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2019, 03:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
Do yall really need to try and devolve every thread into that, practice mode or whichever your flavor of the month demand is?

I've always been in favor of real-time rounds but it's quite obviously not gonna become the norm. I'd imagine the devs either have a preconceived notion or some sort of data that suggests that most players don't want to spend potentially 25 minutes in one match. For what it's worth, grappling can become an issue if you can hold someone down for minutes at a time.
Grappling can be dealt with in 2 ways.

1. Ref separations. If a guy is literally just holding the the ref should stand them up. It happens now, but we could do with an improved stand up logic.

2. The more important point to note here is that people get frustrated when people grapple and hold them down, not because it’s grappling, but because the grappling in these past games is NOT fun to be on the defending side of. If you’re against someone who is competent and knows the system, it only takes a couple of denials from them for you to suddenly feel helpless and frustrated. I know the grappling pretty well I’d say, yet I experience this same frustration when someone ends up getting me into certain positions and it feels impossible to transition out. There have been a handful of times where I got caught in side control of crucifix, and no matter what I did, I could not escape. My only choice was to try and stall out the round by attempting the transitions and just accepting my opponent would deny it, and just repeating that over and over. It’s super frustrating and not fun at all.

As far as I’m concerned, the only real fun aspect of grappling in UFC 3 are takedowns. There’s something super fun about timing a perfect takedown. It feels nice. Offensive grappling on the mat can feel okay, but defensive grappling is never fun imo. If the system is changed, people might not care about people trying to grapple with them, and suddenly having a 15 minute grappling match isn’t a chore. It’s fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragreynolds
Grappling can be dealt with in 2 ways.

1. Ref separations. If a guy is literally just holding the the ref should stand them up. It happens now, but we could do with an improved stand up logic.

2. The more important point to note here is that people get frustrated when people grapple and hold them down, not because it’s grappling, but because the grappling in these past games is NOT fun to be on the defending side of. If you’re against someone who is competent and knows the system, it only takes a couple of denials from them for you to suddenly feel helpless and frustrated. I know the grappling pretty well I’d say, yet I experience this same frustration when someone ends up getting me into certain positions and it feels impossible to transition out. There have been a handful of times where I got caught in side control of crucifix, and no matter what I did, I could not escape. My only choice was to try and stall out the round by attempting the transitions and just accepting my opponent would deny it, and just repeating that over and over. It’s super frustrating and not fun at all.

As far as I’m concerned, the only real fun aspect of grappling in UFC 3 are takedowns. There’s something super fun about timing a perfect takedown. It feels nice. Offensive grappling on the mat can feel okay, but defensive grappling is never fun imo. If the system is changed, people might not care about people trying to grapple with them, and suddenly having a 15 minute grappling match isn’t a chore. It’s fun.
1. What should be changed in terms of ref stand ups is actually not being stood up from the most dominant positions at all. And not get separated after 2-3 denials in the clinch against the fence. We should be allowed to work.

2. Yes, grappling could be much more exciting but being controlled is not one aspect that should be "fun" for you. Even with a revamped grappling system, a grind is a grind and if one is imposed on you you shouldn't be enjoying it. Currently if you're patient enough, don't struggle to get up, and choose move at times the opponent doesn't expect you to, you have a good chance of at least avoiding damage. You can also feint. That's if there's no Regular/Pro discrepancy. But if you're under a Khabib, a GSP, a DC or an Usman, none of that **** should be fun for you. Stay patient and hope an opportunity presents itself. You can't just expect to get up at will or for the ref to bail you out just because you don't find it fun.

Of course, the whole thing can be much more intricate and I hope it is in 4, it's just that you sounds like you don't like being controlled but that's not supposed to be fun.

Last edited by Kingslayer04; 11-16-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #7
Rookie

I would love real time clock. One game that only had real time clock was EA MMA. No Option of accelerated but just real time.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingPractitioner
I would love real time clock. One game that only had real time clock was EA MMA. No Option of accelerated but just real time.
If we had ud3s grappling system I would be for it. Not eith this ****ty grappling system we currently have though

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »