Home

EA Sports UFC 3: Gameplay Review

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 3: Gameplay Review within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
EA Sports UFC 3: Gameplay Review

The sport of mixed martial arts is equal parts carnage and chess match. Long-time UFC commentator...

Written By: Matt Llewellyn

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #2
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 3: Gameplay Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

The sport of mixed martial arts is equal parts carnage and chess match. Long-time UFC commentator...

Written By: Matt Llewellyn

Click here to view the article.
It's odd to hear a review claim that a move to Frostbite would automatically fix some extremely difficult technical challenges that have nothing to do with the engine, but otherwise a very fair review.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
It's odd to hear a review claim that a move to Frostbite would automatically fix some extremely difficult technical challenges that have nothing to do with the engine, but otherwise a very fair review.
Yeah when the game was announced and people were rumoring that Frostbite was going to be the engine, some friends and I had discussed that we honestly didn't see why it needed that.

Not that it wouldn't be useful, I don't know enough about development to say anything about that kind of thing. But I always associate that engine with destruction, massive scale rendering of objects. Things like lighting and weather. My favorite thing about what you guys did with the new game was the whole striking engine and the way that the fighters move. How would that have been different with Frostbite? Did you get the choice and prefer this one? Just curious.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:03 PM   #4
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourFatZebra
How would that have been different with Frostbite? Did you get the choice and prefer this one? Just curious.
It wouldn't have made a difference at all. FIFA is on Frostbite and they are using RPM as well. From a gameplay/animation standpoint we're on the same footing.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Sums it up perfectly:

" In a sports simulation where grappling and submissions are a huge portion of the action, having a system that is unchanged and not particularly balanced or fun is a problem."

...and furthermore as a grappler myself, this just guts me. I have hope however, there are very competent people behind this title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #6
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
It wouldn't have made a difference at all. FIFA is on Frostbite and they are using RPM as well. From a gameplay/animation standpoint we're on the same footing.
Oh alright. I was just curious because not knowing how any of that works I didn't know if there was an advantage to using it or not, or what it would actually have changed or added if it had been used.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

One thing I have much respect and give mad props to with the EA sports UFC dev team is there activity on these forums. To me, they really do answer a lot of feedback, questions and seem to help with concerns in these forums. Which is far more than any other dev team for ANY other game that ive seem or come across.

Sounds crazy and I maybe the only one, but im loyal to this team for almost that reason alone.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Not sure if you can comment on this but with upcoming patches and fixes, what are some that you guys are planning?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »