Home

I wish their was a "Maia" perk

This is a discussion on I wish their was a "Maia" perk within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
I wish their was a "Maia" perk

Fighter's like Maia should get a perk that if there takedown gets stuffed and they are in submissive sprawl the can try and sweep position before the fighter on top can stand up from sprawl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 02:51 AM   #2
MVP

Re: I wish their was a "Maia" perk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Fighter's like Maia should get a perk that if there takedown gets stuffed and they are in submissive sprawl the can try and sweep position before the fighter on top can stand up from sprawl.
Are you referring to the new transition from sub sprawl to dom side control/sub half guard? Or something beyond That? I think Maia probably already has that move. Not necessarily a perk, but a transition.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:02 AM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Are you referring to the new transition from sub sprawl to dom side control/sub half guard? Or something beyond That? I think Maia probably already has that move. Not necessarily a perk, but a transition.
Yeah that. But if your takedown gets denied and you end up in submissive sprawl the dominant fighter can stand before you do anything.

Some fighters like Maia don't even try super hard on the fleet takedown attempt, they just want to get hands on you and start really working on a dominant positron after the first denied takedown.

It would be nice if a few fighters had a perk were there was time to attempt those transitions from submissive sprawl before the fighter in dominant position can stand.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:05 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Yeah that. But if your takedown gets denied and you end up in submissive sprawl the dominant fighter can stand before you do anything.

Some fighters like Maia don't even try super hard on the fleet takedown attempt, they just want to get hands on you and start really working on a dominant positron after the first denied takedown.

It would be nice if a few fighters had a perk were there was time to attempt those transitions from submissive sprawl before the fighter in dominant position can stand.
Sorta like a pull sprawl. Nice idea. I already do that sometimes, it works great as a pull guard substitute.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:19 AM   #5
Rookie

And their should be a pull guard td aswell!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah Nog should have this as well. It's one of his signature moves in real life - he always attempts to peek out before his opponent goes anywhere.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:37 AM   #7
MVP

Yeah I'd love this too, I'm always pulling sprawl on folk who don't want none of my ground game, soooometimes I can get the HG trans (in UFC 2) or push through to side control with that new transition. But once I've done it once they don't fall for it twice.

Thankfully once is all it takes.. usually haha.

But I'd for sure like this, Nd a guard pull for high end BJJ wizards like Maia, Big Nog and Werdum, maybe Jacare. I've not seen him pull guard in MMA, but I'm sure I've seen him do it in BJJ matches. Though the "Maia" or "Backpack" perk should be on Jacare.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:43 AM   #8
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

It would be super great if some fighters didn't have active knockdowns as well. Like every knockdown is a stage 2 knockdown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »