Home

Suggestion: 2 New Stats to be added for more realism and fighter Uniqueness

This is a discussion on Suggestion: 2 New Stats to be added for more realism and fighter Uniqueness within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2018, 01:24 AM   #1
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

OVR: 0
Suggestion: 2 New Stats to be added for more realism and fighter Uniqueness

The reason I am making this post, is because i want a solution to the current issue of guys like Cormier throwing Head Kicks as if they are Taek Won Do Black Belts or combos like Jab-> Leg Kick as if they were a 125lbs Mauy Thai Champion in his Prime.

While fighters like him, are physically capable of throwing such strikes and throwing them with enough power to KO others, we don't see them really fight that way in real-life, because their technique for such strikes is terrible. So people using these fighters, need an incentive to think twice before attempting to use such strikes, with such fighters.

Also, i'd like to say that the new "Power" Stat alone, doesn't seem as bad to me, as many have criticised it to be from a realism perspective, but it does seem half-finished. It does need other stats to compliment it and make it work as a whole.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

So here are 2 new stats to take into consideration, that could balance things like that out:

Combo Speed(different than the current Strike Speed): This can be broken down to punch/leg combos.

For example: DC shouldn't be throwing jab leg kick combos as fast as he does in game. But he shoud be throwing some nice punch combos, because that's his fighting style in the pocket.

Low Level Moves Recovery: This stat is also possible to be broken down into "punches,kicks" categories. What this stat will do, is make fighters who for example don't really throw Head Kicks or overhands or spinning fists in Real-Life as often, be way more vunerable than they currently are.

How will this work? After they've thrown a strike that doesn't make sense for their fighter to throw and is only a lvl1 or lvl2 move in their arsenal, it will take them way more time to recover from it. Meaning, they won't be able to block or use head-movement, other strikes etc. , until they've recovered from that strike.

I want this to look and feel as ridiculous as possible. I want the fighter to become unresponsive as if they had an anerusim, pretty much the same way when a striker jumps on the ground against a high level grappler, they look goofy when trying to get up or perform any transition and they get locked in one horribly long and goofy looking animation when attempting to get-up in order to give their opponent time to deny it.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

In General, i don't feel like the level of Moves, depth that the Devs have added to each fighter, is really being fully utilized to give us more Unique feeling fighters. I think there should be stats, simillar to what i am trying to propose, just so that they can take advantage of all the work that's been put, into giving these different level moves, for different fighters.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 02-22-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2018, 05:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Suggestion: 2 New Stats to be added for more realism and fighter Uniqueness

I feel this will just make the mid/low tier guys even worse. Currently, this game overly favors the higher ranked guys in real life, even in divisions like LW where anyone can win on any given day. This is also true with how the move leveling has been set out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »