Home

Patch [ Making Ground and Pound more threatening... ]

This is a discussion on Patch [ Making Ground and Pound more threatening... ] within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2018, 11:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Patch [ Making Ground and Pound more threatening... ]

Am I the only one who has a problem with this? I thought the side control / Crucifix was overpowered because I have never seen a fighter get knocked out by this in real life. Also, having your arm that close to somebody's head shouldn't even generate that much power as it does in the game..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Patch [ Making Ground and Pound more threatening... ]

Gnp is garbage at the top 50 unless youre playing someone who has no idea what they are doing
Old 05-29-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Eh, I'm not gonna worry about it until the patch drops and I can play it for myself.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Yeah, I don't like it. Fighter's aren't ending fights with gnp unless the fighter is hurt already. But when they do, it takes a while for the fight to get called. EA MMA actually made GnP perfect by having it be a way to set up transitions and subs while still having some ability to end fights with it, but it took time, like it does irl. We don't need more damage from gnp unless youre NOT looking for a sim experience.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-29-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Yeah, I don't like it. Fighter's aren't ending fights with gnp unless the fighter is hurt already. But when they do, it takes a while for the fight to get called. EA MMA actually made GnP perfect by having it be a way to set up transitions and subs while still having some ability to end fights with it, but it took time, like it does irl. We don't need more damage from gnp unless youre NOT looking for a sim experience.

But you agree that the overall ground game experience sucked, right? It was a left or right mind game. And that was in the dynamic positions.

It was better than the mess of UD 2010, but it's in a whole different league when compared to EA UFC 3 (or 2).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #6
Rookie

You are lucky to do crap with GNP against the top 100. Your block and head health can literally regen during the animation times for transitions that cannot be stopped. Seriously, the time it takes for me to deny a transition is enough to regenerate your block. If people sit in positions like back side where they can get smashed with strong punches, they should seriously be punished for it. You can sit in back side FOREVER with little to no threat. In UFC 2 you could finish people in it if you were a decent enough grappler, there are soooo many scenarios in this game where the striker is favored. Submissions aren't even effective at all unless you have a submission master with a switch sub. ( Maia, Nate, Ferg )

All of these people saying the ground is overpowered just need to go learn the ground game, because many people barely even have to know how to fight on the ground with the last few patches. Seriously, some of the best players in ranked get by because they are good at stand up fighting and clinch denials and are C+ at best on the ground. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of these guys struggle because they only learned half the game to be honest.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:10 PM   #7
Pro

I'm deathly afraid of crucifix spam after the patch. Alot of guys who give me problems just relentlessly deny deny deny and go for crucifix
Old 05-29-2018, 02:30 PM   #8
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
But you agree that the overall ground game experience sucked, right? It was a left or right mind game. And that was in the dynamic positions.

It was better than the mess of UD 2010, but it's in a whole different league when compared to EA UFC 3 (or 2).
The ground game in EA MMA was simply depth-less and too basic b/c there wasn't enough control or transitions. The ground game EA UFC is just too much of a guessing game with some strange omissions and decisions with GA at times.

As for @papadoc60, I'm just a lvl 4 player but I know most of the tricks to avoid gnp, but that doesn't mean it needs more power. The real problem with Gnp is that it's gimmicky and programmed very predictably. What I mean that is, once you simply learn the tricks of the trade blocks you're able to transition and get out of harm's way pretty regularly. It's not really skill, it's simply knowing the system, which is not a good way to make any fighting game imo.

Unpredictability is missing, certain things like winning the GNP battle is a bit too reliant on knowing just how the game is programmed, not really the GNP power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »