Home

Throwing the same combos

This is a discussion on Throwing the same combos within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-13-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Throwing the same combos

I don't if its possible or if people would like it,but could the dev's add some feature where if you throw the same combo three times in a row you lose more stamina if it misses?Again don't know if its possible,but it might help stop problem throwing throwing only 1-2's or jab-lead uppercut-hook all the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #2
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Re: Throwing the same combos

Honestly, I think it's up to you to punish opponents for doing the same thing over and over again - not the game.

I'm not saying it's easy, of course. And I know firsthand how goddamn annoying it is when someone keeps doing the same cheesy garbage over and over and it keeps working (****ing overhand spammers ).

If you don't know how to counter something, just ask. A lot of really knowledgeable players on this forum.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Honestly, I think it's up to you to punish opponents for doing the same thing over and over again - not the game.

I'm not saying it's easy, of course. And I know firsthand how goddamn annoying it is when someone keeps doing the same cheesy garbage over and over and it keeps working (****ing overhand spammers ).

If you don't know how to counter something, just ask. A lot of really knowledgeable players on this forum.
I agree its possible to punish them,but when the people use OP guys like JDS,Conor,GSP,the Diaz's and they use OP combos and tactics its really hard to punish them ya know?

For example,there is this guy in the top 25 on Xbox named Rudy4ppl and all he seems to do is use JDS and spam body hooks and back and swide say which yes you can punish him for,but with the games input lag that still hasn't been fixed and all the other stuff,its not always realistic to be able to punish spammers and people like him
Old 06-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
Pro

No need for a random and unrealistic penalty like increased stamina loss. I agree with the reason for frustration though.

Easy fix: Eliminate Combos

Have I missed something, because I've yet to hear a good reason for combos to be in the game. serious question if anyone knows
Old 06-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
Easy fix: Eliminate Combos

Have I missed something, because I've yet to hear a good reason for combos to be in the game. serious question if anyone knows
This forum has officially jumped the shark lol, why would they remove a basic element of the sport because some of you guys can't be patient and shore up your defense on the feet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2018, 10:10 PM   #6
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksearyback
The implementation is by no means perfect, but it makes complete sense to me for Holly Holm to have a wider array of boxing combos than Bethe Correia. And that Max Holloway would have a significantly larger repertoire of kickboxing combinations than Frankie Edgar.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
The implementation is by no means perfect, but it makes complete sense to me for Holly Holm to have a wider array of boxing combos than Bethe Correia. And that Max Holloway would have a significantly larger repertoire of kickboxing combinations than Frankie Edgar.
Both comments quoting me, and disagreeing, are missing my point... I think. I don’t disagree with what each of you said, in theory. What I think is absolutely silly is for pre-set combos to come off differently just because the game said Fighter ABC has a level 4 boxing tier.

What I’m saying is that I don’t like the fact that the same fighter can throw two nearly identical combos, yet somehow it can come off with such wide variance of speed etc., all based on some Mortal Combat combo he may or may not “have.”

If Frankie Edgar has better hands than some slow fool, then it is what it is. No need for people to memorize coded moves from a list. Just throw good combos, with their own merit.

Hitting the code for mega-speed boost seems so non-simulation. Maybe I’m in the minority. I didn’t realize that.

Last edited by Ksearyback; 06-13-2018 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-14-2018, 01:50 AM   #8
MVP

If someone is using the same combo again and again there already is a penalty.

They become predictable and thus very open to counters. It's on the other player to capitalize on this mistake, there should not be a penalty for it.

Being predictable is the worst thing you can do in this game. Hands down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »