Home

Dominick Cruz jab issues

This is a discussion on Dominick Cruz jab issues within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Dominick Cruz jab issues

When you throw Cruz's step forward jab, you can't chain any strikes off it aside from the straight. His straight punch has the same problem; you can't chain and combos off it.

This is a problem because stepping in with a jab or straight is one of the primary entries into striking combinations. I'd argue it's essential for online play; you can't just come in throwing hooks or kicks without setting them up. I mean, every fighter in the game can move forward with a jab or straight, then chain into a basic combination. Except Dominick Cruz.

Am I missing something? How are people dealing with this... are we supposed to just not enter combos with jabs or straights?

Edit: I know his stationary jab and straight chain into combos, but isn't it kind of counterintuitive to throw stationary combos while using Dominick Cruz? Why is the fighter with the best footwork and movement in the game, the only fighter in the game who can't move forward while throwing generic boxing combos?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by The Relaxed Guy; 02-10-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Dominick Cruz jab issues

u can combo of his jab u just cant combo off the moving jab. If u move forward while using jab/straight u cant combo, if u don't press forward while throwing jab/straight u can combo. Atleast that is my understanding of his signature jab/straight
Old 02-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

There's a ducking hook that combos off of one of them.

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-10-2018, 08:31 PM   #4
MVP

I thiiiiink you can load up the ducking roundhouse off his unique 1-2.

I might have done it from idle though, and thus off a normal 1-2.

But yeah, Dom feels like a one of those characters from a arcade game that's like, super hard to use compared to the regular fighters but really effective when you use him right, if that makes sense, I really like the way they did Dom.

^ that's not a dig or me trying to say the game is arcadey, just what he reminds me of.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:27 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
There's a ducking hook that combos off of one of them.

Ahh okay, so it's just very limited what can be chained off his forward jab/straight. What was the intent/goal behind this?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #6
MVP

You can't double up the Cruz sig jab. I have sorta comboed off them before but there is slight delay.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:10 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

It's faster than the regular advancing jab and has evasive properties. I have mixed feelings about Cruz not being able to use a normal advancing jab from kicking range, but I admit it kinda forces people to fight more like him, which is kind of a good thing.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:31 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
It's faster than the regular advancing jab and has evasive properties. I have mixed feelings about Cruz not being able to use a normal advancing jab from kicking range, but I admit it kinda forces people to fight more like him, which is kind of a good thing.

Appreciate the response sir. This is the info I'm looking for. So from what I can gather, it's faster and has evasive properties.

Can I ask what the ideal usage of Cruz is intended to be? Perhaps you could give me a play by play, or example of a striking sequence that "proper use" of Dominick Cruz would look like? I'm trying to understand how his jab and straight are intended to be incorporated into his game.

I'm disappointed that I'm unable to just flow around and use Cruz; the new movement system is perfect for using him realistically. If I have to use him differently than everyone else on the roster, so be it, I'll take the time to learn it. I just need a little direction here. Because as of now, my understanding is that the competitive meta necessitates advancing jabs and straights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »