Home

Opponent's health, guard and stamina meter bars should be hidden, do you agree?

This is a discussion on Opponent's health, guard and stamina meter bars should be hidden, do you agree? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Opponent's health, guard and stamina meter bars should be hidden, do you agree?
Yes, 100% 41 36.94%
Yes, but only in ranked matches 43 38.74%
Yes, but only in UNranked matches 3 2.70%
No. (please elaborate) 18 16.22%
Don't care. 6 5.41%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

OVR: 0
Opponent's health, guard and stamina meter bars should be hidden, do you agree?

So here goes, official poll on what the Operation Sports community would prefer in regards to the health, guard and stamina meters.

We've been blessed this week with news of a great improvement that has made it's way post-beta with the stamina affecting our players with new visual cues, including strikes and footwork being slower past a certain a point with the long term stamina and then to a even greater point the players goes on to drop their hands..

To me, it would benefit a whole lot to the gameplay and to simulate even more so the sport. Knowing everything about your opponent, I feel go strongly against this and so I would definitely want my opponent's bars to be hidden from me, and obviously have mines hidden from them.

Last edited by Acebaldwin; 12-20-2017 at 12:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 12:32 AM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: Opponent's health, guard and stamina meter bars should be hidden, do you agree?

Because I only have a 2d side perspective view and can't feel opponent I'm going to disagree.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:41 AM   #3
Pro

Re: Opponent's health, guard and stamina meter bars should be hidden, do you agree?

In unranked you should have the option to show or hide bars.

In ranked they should 100% be hidden.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:41 AM   #4
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Because I only have a 2d side perspective view and can't feel opponent I'm going to disagree.
But you have eyes and ears, dont you? Visual cues being like a story unfolding before your eyes telling you what goes on, and commentary or big blows echoing through your speakers should give you that semblance of feeling at the very least.

Such a weird reason.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:03 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

In real life you have access to so much more data than what a tv screen, rumble controllers and speakers can provide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2017, 01:12 AM   #6
MVP

Yeah it sounds good on paper, obviously very realistic and all but I do wonder how it would work in practice. I could definitely do with testing it out before saying Yes or No. Of course, that ship has sailed. People talk about visual cues but are these cues enough, are they truly reliable to be able to play without a HUD?
Old 12-20-2017, 01:21 AM   #7
Rookie

Y’all acting like having no hud hasn’t been before. It’s in Fight Night and that was a major success.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-20-2017, 01:25 AM   #8
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

Yall know my elaboration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »