Home

Change High Block Animation

This is a discussion on Change High Block Animation within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2019, 06:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Change High Block Animation

tl;dr: Please change the animation for high block. Right now if you enter the high block stance your fingers will be outstretched. This looks odd, and no one in real life holds their hands like that to block unless they are trying to parry or something.

If parries return in EA UFC 4 (without the freeze and free hit) the current high block animation should become the parry animation. The current high block animation can be replaced by the current block animation that comes up before being broken or something new altogether. The animation should have closed fists like the prebroken block animation.

With parries back, the input for checking and catching kicks can be assigned back to them rather than having them on too easy an input as low block. There is a lot of high low block spam- something you don't see fighters do in real life. People do it in this game simply for the purpose of fishing for easy catches and checks. That just unnaturally skews the meta and takes away from being genuine.

Fighters that keep their hands low in their idle now would just bring their hands up whereas the ones that keep their hands high in their idle can have their hands remain as high as they already are. Their idle and block animation will then look the same and there'd be more individuality when it comes to blocking.

Maybe there can be advantages for the different idles. Low hands -> better TDD and enters low block stance faster, high hands -> enters high block stance faster and better clinch defense. Simply put, the high block animation should be improved because it is something that is frequently used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2019, 11:03 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Change High Block Animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
tl;dr: Please change the animation for high block. Right now if you enter the high block stance your fingers will be outstretched. This looks odd, and no one in real life holds their hands like that to block unless they are trying to parry or something.

If parries return in EA UFC 4 (without the freeze and free hit) the current high block animation should become the parry animation. The current high block animation can be replaced by the current block animation that comes up before being broken or something new altogether. The animation should have closed fists like the prebroken block animation.

With parries back, the input for checking and catching kicks can be assigned back to them rather than having them on too easy an input as low block. There is a lot of high low block spam- something you don't see fighters do in real life. People do it in this game simply for the purpose of fishing for easy catches and checks. That just unnaturally skews the meta and takes away from being genuine.

Fighters that keep their hands low in their idle now would just bring their hands up whereas the ones that keep their hands high in their idle can have their hands remain as high as they already are. Their idle and block animation will then look the same and there'd be more individuality when it comes to blocking.

Maybe there can be advantages for the different idles. Low hands -> better TDD and enters low block stance faster, high hands -> enters high block stance faster and better clinch defense. Simply put, the high block animation should be improved because it is something that is frequently used.
I was actually very relieved when I saw the blocking animation change from what it was in UFC 2. That peek a boo looking animation was extremely ugly to look at, but yeah I get what you mean. I mean as long as they don't bring back that block animation I'm all for it.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:23 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthhh
I was actually very relieved when I saw the blocking animation change from what it was in UFC 2. That peek a boo looking animation was extremely ugly to look at, but yeah I get what you mean. I mean as long as they don't bring back that block animation I'm all for it.
Yeah that's true. I doubt they'd revert back to that tho, so we're probably good.

There's also the block meter. I think it should be replaced with arm damage meters. Arm damage should have meaningful effects (the other limbs should have more significant effects as well). There'd be more tactical implications with damaged and fatigued arms- slower and less powerful punches, grip strength etc.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:45 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
Yeah that's true. I doubt they'd revert back to that tho, so we're probably good.

There's also the block meter. I think it should be replaced with arm damage meters. Arm damage should have meaningful effects (the other limbs should have more significant effects as well). There'd be more tactical implications with damaged and fatigued arms- slower and less powerful punches, grip strength etc.
On that note, maybe cuts, and broken noses too (left side of the face, right side of the face, central).
Old 04-11-2019, 05:49 AM   #5
Banned

More damage region meters so we have more places to mix up besides head body and legs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #6
Rookie

I like when I see fighters have their fingers out in real fights, it just looks really cool to me. I think Thiago Santos has his guard like that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »