Home

Who's The Most Unique Fighter To Use In This Game?

This is a discussion on Who's The Most Unique Fighter To Use In This Game? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Who's The Most Unique Fighter To Use In This Game?

I feel like Dominique Cruz is a character unto himself. if you main him and can master his unique lunges & feints into combos, he can be the most tricky character in the game to deal with. I switch between divisions often so I don't feel like i'm even scratching the surface when I use him (I use him in a more basic way and still do well with him)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 11:57 PM   #2
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

Re: Who's The Most Unique Fighter To Use In This Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyj
I feel like Dominique Cruz is a character unto himself. if you main him and can master his unique lunges & feints into combos, he can be the most tricky character in the game to deal with. I switch between divisions often so I don't feel like i'm even scratching the surface when I use him (I use him in a more basic way and still do well with him)
Yeah I asked GPD about the special combos he has, it's very enjoyable when you use him that way.

Personally, it's about movesets and how you choose to play the character. I enjoy using Gokhan Saki a LOT because of those wild combinations he has, or Jose Aldo because I can choose to play a Patient UFC Reign Aldo, or a wild WEC Aldo when I use certain movesets.

Zabit is another fun guy, I dislike people that use a character with such a diverse moveset and just stick to knee elbow side kick lmao.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:07 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII
Yeah I asked GPD about the special combos he has, it's very enjoyable when you use him that way.

Personally, it's about movesets and how you choose to play the character. I enjoy using Gokhan Saki a LOT because of those wild combinations he has, or Jose Aldo because I can choose to play a Patient UFC Reign Aldo, or a wild WEC Aldo when I use certain movesets.

Zabit is another fun guy, I dislike people that use a character with such a diverse moveset and just stick to knee elbow side kick lmao.
Man anytime I see you use Aldo against max ...I'm completely in awe . I would never try it. I've tried to get inspiration from your videos but man my Aldo ain't there yet .

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-30-2019, 08:23 AM   #4
MVP

Has to be Wonderboy for me. With Cruz, sure, he has his lunges and combos that tie into them but they're optional. Like, you could use those, but you can also use him the way you use most other people (in general). Depends on the player, their skill, etc. We're talking the fighter themselves here. Cruz is up there because nobody has his lunges, but with Thompson I feel like he's fully unique, you can't use him any other way but the way Thompson fights. He feels different, his movement feels different, and you just have to maintain the correct range to achieve any success or even play as him. I say Thompson because he feels so distinctly different than anyone else in everything. I can only hope that in the future every other fighter ends up feeling like their real-life counterpart the way UFC 3 Thompson feels like Stephen Thompson.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:26 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Has to be Wonderboy for me. With Cruz, sure, he has his lunges and combos that tie into them but they're optional. Like, you could use those, but you can also use him the way you use most other people (in general). Depends on the player, their skill, etc. We're talking the fighter themselves here. Cruz is up there because nobody has his lunges, but with Thompson I feel like he's fully unique, you can't use him any other way but the way Thompson fights. He feels different, his movement feels different, and you just have to maintain the correct range to achieve any success or even play as him. I say Thompson because he feels so distinctly different than anyone else in everything. I can only hope that in the future every other fighter ends up feeling like their real-life counterpart the way UFC 3 Thompson feels like Stephen Thompson.
true.
whitaker moveset and stance is on spot too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2019, 01:40 PM   #6
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Romero is literally the only person I've ever played who used Dom and actually tried to fight like Dom. Most people pick him and just come at you with non stop pressure like everyone else.

From a uniqueness standpoint I think O'malley is right up there. Just for the fact he did so much custom motion capture. So a lot of his stuff is unique. He has 2 totally unique kicks that only he has, unique jab straights to only him. Unique stance and movement.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 03-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
Romero is literally the only person I've ever played who used Dom and actually tried to fight like Dom. Most people pick him and just come at you with non stop pressure like everyone else.

From a uniqueness standpoint I think O'malley is right up there. Just for the fact he did so much custom motion capture. So a lot of his stuff is unique. He has 2 totally unique kicks that only he has, unique jab straights to only him. Unique stance and movement.
Yeah, I agree about O'Malley, he definitely feels unique.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:39 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeroXVII

Mind listing them in my guide thread?🔨

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »