Home

ISSUE - AUTO launched SPEAR TD does NOT allow to make a choice + How to fix it

This is a discussion on ISSUE - AUTO launched SPEAR TD does NOT allow to make a choice + How to fix it within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
MVP

SUGATA's Arena

OVR: 0
ISSUE - AUTO launched SPEAR TD does NOT allow to make a choice + How to fix it

DRIVING TD:
How to perform:
[When my fighter has DL TD and my opponent’s back is less than 14 feet from the Cage, i.e. max from octagon’s center] L2+L1 + (click, may holding) RS← (DL TD) - Driving TD (no TM) into Dominant DL TD AGAINST THE CAGE position.
CHOOSE - How to perform (regular) Power DL TD instead of Driving TD: L2 + (holding)RS← (initiate basic DL TD), [then immediately] (while continue to keep holding RS←) release L2 and (holding)L1 OR just add holding L1 to holded L2 + RS← - to modify into Power DL TD.

> We can perform Driving TD and Relular or Power DL TD as we want = OK.

SPEAR TD:
How to perform:
Input Regular or Power DL TD (no matter) when you meetRequirements (together) - opponent is in a (HE) Health event OR I have a SA on my opponent greater than 50%.

> And here we meet a PROBLEM - [When the opponent is in HE or low on Stamina] we can NOT to perform Regular DL TD, Power DL TD or driving DL TD! We always get Spear TD which always ends in DOM Side Control.

Why this is bad? b/c
1. GSP for ex has Power DL TD which ends in Full Mount (better than SC) on low stamina - yes it is deniable but on stamina adv it is difficult to deny and grants better position and also it deals large body dmg when Spear TD does not at all = i can not to choose this scenario.
2. Sometimes i want to Driving TD him to the cage instead of going on the ground = i can not.

QUESTION: How to choose Regular or Power DL TD or Driving TD INSTEAD of Spear TD when the opponent is in Health event or low on stamina? ... It seems no way.

> HOW TO FIX IT easily:
Hold R1 additionally - for Driving or Spear TD:
R1+L2 - for Spear TD
R1+L2+L1 - for driving TD.

Results of this fix:
+ more simple and intuitive controls input

+ you always can MANUALLY select which TD version to perform on your wish (w/o needance in timing release L2 into L1 for Power DL TD instead of driving) - more controls to the player, less auto context restrictions!

+ no context requirements for TRYING to perform this version (Driving TD is launched when 14 ft from the cage... but on 14,5 ft on the cage it does not - this is nonsense). Give the player full control - IF the distance is too big it will be solved naturally (by exhausting and ending in Sprawl).
For Spear TD - it ends in failed TD attempt and disadvantage. WE NEED to have A CHOICE: undeniable but less reward Spear TD or deniable but more reward options (Power DL TD) to have more diversity and creativity in the game!!

+ it brings more SKILL and PLANNING into the gameplay instead of AUTO option selecting (which sometimes is not what was planned and prepared for).

Last edited by SUGATA; 07-16-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »