Home

keeping health stats pretty even for newer fighters (rankings)

This is a discussion on keeping health stats pretty even for newer fighters (rankings) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-11-2019, 04:55 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
keeping health stats pretty even for newer fighters (rankings)

Higher ranked fighters don't really tend to have better chins than lower ranked fighters. They may be faster, block better and have better footwork/head movement, but I would like to see in EA UFC 4 that the chin/body/leg ratios be pretty standard for newer fighters (Rather than being in the 85s-87 range) . Give them 90s and match with the top fighters (for the most part). Chins/Body Health/ Leg Health aren't so much a skill as they are body composition. Block/head movement/footwork are skills that help avoid damage.

They should only really be adjusted for fighters who have proven chins/ or took bad kos.

Generally speaking, newer fighters tend to have better health since they have not endured as much damage. I feel this would really encourage the use of lower ranked fighters

The other attributes make sense (unlikely that a fighter with no 5 rd experience will have more stamina than a tested champion, they also tend to not have the same skill levels at that level)

For example, I don't see any reason to give bryce mitchell or daniel henry any worse of a chin than jose, yair or edgar. At least not at this point in their careers.

Last edited by UFCBlackbelt; 11-11-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: keeping health stats pretty even for newer fighters (rankings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
Higher ranked fighters don't really tend to have better chins than lower ranked fighters. They may be faster, block better and have better footwork/head movement, but I would like to see in EA UFC 4 that the chin/body/leg ratios be pretty standard for newer fighters (Rather than being in the 85s-87 range) . Give them 90s and match with the top fighters (for the most part). Chins/Body Health/ Leg Health aren't so much a skill as they are body composition. Block/head movement/footwork are skills that help avoid damage.

They should only really be adjusted for fighters who have proven chins/ or took bad kos.

Generally speaking, newer fighters tend to have better health since they have not endured as much damage. I feel this would really encourage the use of lower ranked fighters

The other attributes make sense (unlikely that a fighter with no 5 rd experience will have more stamina than a tested champion, they also tend to not have the same skill levels at that level)

For example, I don't see any reason to not give bryce mitchell or daniel henry any worse of a chin than jose, yair or edgar. At least not at this point in their careers.
This isnt a really a spoiler for UFC 4 because its something the team has been looking into since before we stopped updating the stats. The chin stat range was one of the biggest mistakes we made in UFC 3. I have a feeling that the health stats will be much closer than they were in UFC3.

There will still be a difference but I think the range will be much smaller.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:17 PM   #3
MVP

Also think about other areas for which this may apply, not just the chin. If they're good/average/bad at anything, let the stats reflect it.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingslayer04
Also think about other areas for which this may apply, not just the chin. If they're good/average/bad at anything, let the stats reflect it.
We are considering but "chin" is the only one I can speak on because we started that process with UFC3 and I've spoken about it publicly.

Understand that this is just my thought process. If for some reason, the devs disagree that could mean that the gap remains. With that said, they had no issues with us closing the gap with UFC 3 updates so I hope that it will continue.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
Banned

Every human has pressure points on his body. KO points. When you hit somebody on one of those spots he will either be in severe pain or his lights will shut down immediately.

Ngannou hits those spots with huge power. He is not just powerful as a striker he also is very accurate and fast for a heavyweight. The only reason why He didnt drop Miocic, is because he wasnt himself on that day. He hit Miocic, but he didnt hit him on the right spot. Miocic took half a dozen power shots by Ngannou, but remained relatively unfazed by them. Giving a fighter a great chin doesnt or shouldnt protect him from a great flash knockout.

What we could do is make striking more realistic by reworking the hit detection. Implementing pressure points that result in flash knockouts or big health events. There are way too many health events in UFC 3 cause the shots never miss the target in close range.

The hit detection is one of my most hated things in UFC 3. It feels really magnetic and doesnt feel realistic at all. Hit detection in UFC 2 was better, because not every combo was right on the target, you sometimes missed a shot in an exchange.... And that was a good thing in a striking exchange. It brought a little bit more chaos into the game... If you know what I mean.

This is not possible in UFC 3. The hit detection would have made one of the two drop after the 3rd strike.

Last edited by That Ragdoll Guy; 11-12-2019 at 02:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2019, 11:39 PM   #6
Rookie

^Citation needed.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #7
Rookie

Totally agree, a body or chin stat below 88 is a death sentence
Old 11-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #8
Pro

Oddly enough I was just thinking about chin stats myself a few days ago.

An idea popped in my head that maybe chin should be handled not as a stat but as a perk. So everyone starts the same but guys like Mark Hunt and the Diaz brothers would get a perk called "Iron Chin" that lets them take more punishment. Then guys who have been going out a lot get a negative perk called "Wear and Tear" or something and can't take quite as much damage.

But honestly the negative perk probably isn't even necessary. As long as dudes who fight like terminators get something in-game to represent that, I'm good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »