Home

Could you elaborate on which subs are "stronger"?

This is a discussion on Could you elaborate on which subs are "stronger"? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Could you elaborate on which subs are "stronger"?

I read this discussed somewhere. That certain subs inherently, irrespective of move levels, are more difficult to get out of. For example, back flat rear naked choke.

I really like this idea. I feel like subs should have different complexities depending on how frequently they are executed in the cage. A gogoplata should be much harder to pull off that an armbar.

Any info on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Could you elaborate on which subs are "stronger"?

When I initiate a rear naked choke I've had the option to punch while applying it, where as when I've initiated a guillotine and an armbar from guard my opponent has had options to "counter" and "slam" to escape them

Still not sure how I feel about the defender getting a free escape sometimes, but in general it seems the better your position the better the chance of finishing your submission
Old 08-12-2020, 08:35 PM   #3
Rookie

slikkster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilday
When I initiate a rear naked choke I've had the option to punch while applying it, where as when I've initiated a guillotine and an armbar from guard my opponent has had options to "counter" and "slam" to escape them

Still not sure how I feel about the defender getting a free escape sometimes, but in general it seems the better your position the better the chance of finishing your submission

I don’t think it’s a guaranteed free escape. I think if the attacker hits the prompt first, it takes away the slam option from the defender. Kind of like how you could do the same with chain submission animations in UFC 3. My trial time is over so I can’t test to confirm, but I’m 99% sure this is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-13-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCBlackbelt
I read this discussed somewhere. That certain subs inherently, irrespective of move levels, are more difficult to get out of. For example, back flat rear naked choke.

I really like this idea. I feel like subs should have different complexities depending on how frequently they are executed in the cage. A gogoplata should be much harder to pull off that an armbar.

Any info on this?
Standing guillotine for some reason is really fast and easy to get. No idea why tbh but it is. Much more effective then the rear naked

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-13-2020, 03:39 PM   #5
Pro

Both players have the ability to go for the button prompts during submissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »