Home

GNP way OP

This is a discussion on GNP way OP within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2020, 04:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
GNP way OP

At least compared to standing strikes. You can not post fast enough to intercept multiple hooks so it is way too dangerous to try and if a grappler is on top off you and know what they are doing they can hold you there it is just a matter of time, huge damage everytime and not enough stamina drain.

On top of this all strikes should intercept the clinch but they power right through jabs so the grapplers seem to have a huge advantage and it a big risk to pick a primary striker in ranked. It's why everyone is picking Werdum at heavy even though he shouldn't be close to the best on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 04:51 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Re: GNP way OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
At least compared to standing strikes. You can not post fast enough to intercept multiple hooks so it is way too dangerous to try and if a grappler is on top off you and know what they are doing they can hold you there it is just a matter of time, huge damage everytime and not enough stamina drain.

On top of this all strikes should intercept the clinch but they power right through jabs so the grapplers seem to have a huge advantage and it a big risk to pick a primary striker in ranked. It's why everyone is picking Werdum at heavy even though he shouldn't be close to the best on the game.
Werdum is a former world champion who is coming off a first round sub of Alexander Gustafsson. While he may be over powered in game to say he “shouldn’t even be close to the best” is an insane statement
Old 08-20-2020, 05:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Wouldn’t it be better to pick a Cain or DC at heavy ?

Higher Damage and probably equal if not better top control
Old 08-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Werdum is a former world champion who is coming off a first round sub of Alexander Gustafsson. While he may be over powered in game to say he “shouldn’t even be close to the best” is an insane statement
Werdum is washed and probably not even top ten at the moment
Old 08-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw736
Wouldn’t it be better to pick a Cain or DC at heavy ?

Higher Damage and probably equal if not better top control
It is not about picking a matchup as much as it is someone keeps walking forward pushing the clinch button while I land several clean hooks and they just eat it and can still get in the clinch or they will eat one hook and just clinch through the next. and this will continue to happen over and over with the player taking clean significant strikes and keep walking through them. A grappler will inevitably get a take down in which when the gnp can be devastating in comparison. I am ok with that, but a grappler should not just keep walking through huge shots to get into the clinch or get a takedown. Either make it so you can interrupt the clinch with strikes or standing strikes need to do more damage. Also the clinch knees really need to cost stamina, it is extremely exploitable atm and handicaps fighters that are primarily strikers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 08:37 PM   #6
Rookie

GNP way OP

Honestly my only problems with GNP is the fact that you pull your opponent down automatically, it makes it hard to transition while simultaneously blocking your face so you don’t get TKO’d.

The other problem for me is that the transition from full guard to posture up is too fast. It feels much faster than the half guard to posture up transition.

The main reason I like the GNP right now is because it feels realistic in the way a lot of fights end with TKO’s from knockdowns. So rocks really do feel lethal.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Tyeanisbae; 08-20-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:05 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeanisbae
Honestly my only problems with GNP is the fact that you pull your opponent down automatically, it makes it hard to transition while simultaneously blocking your face so you don’t get TKO’d.

The other problem for me is that the transition from full guard to posture up is too fast. It feels much faster than the half guard to posture up transition.

The main reason I like the GNP right now is because it feels realistic in the way a lot of fights end with TKO’s from knockdowns. So rocks really do feel lethal.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Agreed with this. I wasn't sold on GNP to begin with but I believe with a few tweaks it could be a great addition:

* Slightly decrease the damage the strikes do and decrease stamina consumption. Right now you can tear through someones block and head health quickly, it's impossible to react to the strikes with the appropriate defense so slightly decreasing damage/stamina will let these exchanges last longer and give the SUB fighter chance to read the DOM's pattern and use appropriate defense.
* Increase the time you can stay postured before an auto pulldown. I appreciate they wanted to reduce stalling on top but give a little more time to work (goes hand in hand with the changes above).
* Make it slightly easier to deny posturing up.
* Get rid of the awful strike queue for the DOM fighter - it just feels awful and clunky. If I don't queue all my strikes in the first 1/2 second of posturing up it's just an unsatisfying experience without any control of the action.
* Personal quality of life thing but remove auto pull down on R2 - if you're blocking it restricts you using the grapple advantage transitions of R1. Make pull down R1 + UP.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:20 AM   #8
Banned

The thing is GNP is only effective if you are badly hurt head wise. You can realistically just block and not get finished even if your stamina is shot. The post and sways are good. Just gotta recognize patterns. Post a hook and block. Sway and block. Hopefully you time it right and get a reversal or get back to your feet. The people who are just swaying their head or trying to post non stop with no strategy are the one who get finished by gnp. I think with the changes like auto posture down and no hammerfist/elbows the gnp is actually trash tbh

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »