Home

Dwindling numbers online

This is a discussion on Dwindling numbers online within the EA Sports UFC Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #9
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dwindling numbers online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
lol sad but true to some degree

Luckily most my fighters are division 5 now....OVR 77 vs. OVR 85s or so, but not too big a deal....

...but my wrestler at OVR 71 is in Division 3 going against OVR 80 types .... that sucks... so I feel your pain :/

I'm having a lot more fun in ranked recently though. All of a sudden the gap between OVR 88 and OVR 92 isn't so big when you're used to 6, 8, 10+ OVR gaps in UT lol
Lol. That's a good point. I'm so used to giving up 7-10 points in UT. Even when deftly applying the Swedish Touch it sometimes isn't enough. I made it to lvl 4 in ranked then stopped as I know 6 and above is try hards....
Old 04-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

We are a month and a half in and I saw 13k online this morning on ps4 which doesnt see bad at all.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:53 PM   #11
Banned

drinklime's Arena

yes i was pleasantly surprised this morning very good news
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #12
Rookie

Ive seen it as low as 5k before...also does anyone know if EA Sports or another sponsor would host a live venue tournament? I think this could boost players interests seeing it on a bigger stage than just youtube videos. Get it involved and interactive like fifa does. It wont be as big but you gotta start somewhere right?
Old 05-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #13
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohamster1
Ive seen it as low as 5k before...also does anyone know if EA Sports or another sponsor would host a live venue tournament? I think this could boost players interests seeing it on a bigger stage than just youtube videos. Get it involved and interactive like fifa does. It wont be as big but you gotta start somewhere right?

Gamestop held a Fight Night Round 4 tournament in 2009 in many of its stores which was pretty awesome. If you win at your local store, you go to a district store (think of it as your 'city' store) --- if you win that; you go to regional store (nearby States) --- final 16 went to Vegas --- it was pretty awesome

Unfortunately, EA UFC community is a lot smaller, sales aren't as high as fight night, plus retail stores like Gamestop have definitely lost some of their luster the past 5-10 years due to online shopping + Digital sales.....not sure if we'll ever see a similar 'real life' tournament anytime soon ;( ;( ;(
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 05-12-2016, 12:44 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler569
Gamestop held a Fight Night Round 4 tournament in 2009 in many of its stores which was pretty awesome. If you win at your local store, you go to a district store (think of it as your 'city' store) --- if you win that; you go to regional store (nearby States) --- final 16 went to Vegas --- it was pretty awesome

Unfortunately, EA UFC community is a lot smaller, sales aren't as high as fight night, plus retail stores like Gamestop have definitely lost some of their luster the past 5-10 years due to online shopping + Digital sales.....not sure if we'll ever see a similar 'real life' tournament anytime soon ;( ;( ;(
Is there a way to maybe get EA Sports to maybe do a test run? They have tournaments for all types of games....its strange no one would hold anything for this one
Old 05-12-2016, 01:18 PM   #15
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohamster1
Is there a way to maybe get EA Sports to maybe do a test run? They have tournaments for all types of games....its strange no one would hold anything for this one
I just think there isn't enough $$$ or interest in the franchise right now :/ HOWEVER the sales for UFC 2 were much better than UFC 1. So maybe if we can keep up the momentum, and UFC 3 is a big success, we'll be able to move back in that direction

EA *DID* do something called a 'live broadcast' for EA MMA back in 2009/2010 which was really fun.

No prize money or anything, but a couple dozen fighters ended up being able to fight with real people commentating (including Frank Trigg lol); everyone who played the game could watch it in real time, and it was archived too. That was a really fun experience.

EA MMA sold less than UFC 2 I believe...and obviously technology has gotten a lot better in the past 7 years or so (i.e. bandwidth and what not)...so I bet it'd be pretty easy for them to add that feature in UFC 3. I really hope they'll look into this type of community involvement as you're right, it is really fun and does help build the community as a whole

Here's a couple fights from live broadcast (first is semi finals; last URL is finals I was part of, unfortunately it was pretty laggy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoXYZ0c3iYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P69ypXEcst8

Here's a hype video I put together that got me onto the card lol everyone on the EA Forums could enter in a 'hype video' and they picked the best ones and that person could fight --- they did a LOT of these Live Broadcasts not just a cuple ; you can find most on their old channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCic...w=0&shelf_id=0
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

Last edited by Boiler569; 05-12-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #16
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Here was the fight I really wanted to find --- semi-finals against Ninja Infinity who was a badass for sure; this was really fun, announcers loved it too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Xj-FPnHJQ

Had to record it off my TV lol --- one thing I love about current gen of consoles; you can archive your videos much, much easier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Online »