Home

It is possible to block an opponent and never fight them again

This is a discussion on It is possible to block an opponent and never fight them again within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #9
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: It is possible to block an opponent and never fight them again

Doesn't work that way.

Block another player on Xbox on Windows
Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity, and, if applicable, removes the player from your friends list. To block another player on Xbox on Windows:

Navigate to the Friends menu. If the player is not a friend, select Followers or Recent players from the dropdown menu to bring up the relevant list. You can also search for the player by typing their Gamertag into the search bar.
Select the Gamertag that you wish to block.
Select More, and then select Block.
Select OK to confirm you wish to block the user.
You can also block a player after receiving an offensive or inappropriate message. To block a player from the Messages tab:

Select the Messages icon.
Right click, or if using a touch device, press and hold the message conversation with the player that you wish to block.
Navigate up to the player's message and press the menu button on your controller.
Select Block.
To unblock a player, select the affected player’s Gamertag and select More, and then Unblock, or right click or press and hold the message conversation and select Unblock. You can also unblock a player by sending a message or friend request
Old 05-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #10
Banned

Cool except it works... It won't match you up with them.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:55 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Jitsu
Really?? i've never known it to be possible in the past? how do you go about it? just blocking??
Yeah go to their xbox live profile and block them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 02:27 PM   #12
Rookie

I blocked spaaarlk. That's the only person I've blocked on this game. I was playing him like 5 times a day with his maxed out characters and clinch spam. It was too annoying after a few days of it over and over.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:32 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt fists
I blocked spaaarlk. That's the only person I've blocked on this game. I was playing him like 5 times a day with his maxed out characters and clinch spam. It was too annoying after a few days of it over and over.
Don't agree with this attitude at all , I constantly face maxed out characters but part of the challenge is how to try and overcome that. Yes it's frustrating as hell but it's a challenge !

But can I ask , since you blocked him I assume you haven't played him/her once ?
Old 05-13-2016, 05:51 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRed529
Doesn't work that way.

Block another player on Xbox on Windows
Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity, and, if applicable, removes the player from your friends list. To block another player on Xbox on Windows:

Navigate to the Friends menu. If the player is not a friend, select Followers or Recent players from the dropdown menu to bring up the relevant list. You can also search for the player by typing their Gamertag into the search bar.
Select the Gamertag that you wish to block.
Select More, and then select Block.
You can also block a player after receiving an offensive or inappropriate message. To block a player from the Messages tab:

Select the Messages icon.
Right click, or if using a touch device, press and hold the message conversation with the player that you wish to block.
Navigate up to the player's message and press the menu button on your controller.
Select Block.
To unblock a player, select the affected player’s Gamertag and select More, and then Unblock, or right click or press and hold the message conversation and select Unblock. You can also unblock a player by sending a message or friend request
DEV CONFIRMED this was an issue and was fixed in the patch..... Rekt
Old 05-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by segap
Don't agree with this attitude at all , I constantly face maxed out characters but part of the challenge is how to try and overcome that. Yes it's frustrating as hell but it's a challenge !

But can I ask , since you blocked him I assume you haven't played him/her once ?
I don't generally agree with it either and fight all the other maxed out CAFS. It was just becoming too frequent and too annoying. Five rounds of clinch/TD attempts and grinding without trying to finish.

Yeah have not played him since.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #16
Rookie

JRed529's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzeric
DEV CONFIRMED this was an issue and was fixed in the patch..... Rekt
I guess I should have clarified, it shouldn't work that way. No where on Microsoft's website does it say anything about blocking someone and not being matched up. I know that was a thing years ago on the 360 yet had been fixed.

So I guess I got 'rekt' because EA had to fix a broken aspect of their matchmaking?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »