Home

Story time! Your most frustrating losses

This is a discussion on Story time! Your most frustrating losses within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #9
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Story time! Your most frustrating losses

(PS4)

Beating up the #2 Ranked UT heavyweight for him to just get a flying arm bar quick with no stamina. Ughhhh Plus his caf is in the 90's. BOOOOO!!!
Old 05-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #10
Rookie

chackfalco's Arena

Off topic a tad but just had a satisfying win. Guy throws out his glove then kicks me in the face before we tap. Whooped him in less than 30 seconds... I fight him alot and he always does it, just never remember him til after it happens.

On topic, losing to a flying armbar really frustrates me since it's only 2 gates and the knees can kill me quicker so I usually defend that...
Old 05-20-2016, 10:28 PM   #11
Banned

Rock a guy in the third round with a knee from MTC drop hi m, go for finish, he recovers instantly and get backs all his stamina, goes into back side, denial doesn't work he goes into full guard , denies my transition and instant arm bar. Mind you he has no ground stats or sub stats! What the ****?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 12:21 AM   #12
Rookie

JustBlazeM8's Arena

Anyone who spams the RG are becoming as frustrating as MT spammers prepatch. That's where my most frustrating losses have come from.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:13 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chackfalco
Off topic a tad but just had a satisfying win. Guy throws out his glove then kicks me in the face before we tap.

This happens ALL THE TIME lol. I always go to touch, and the amount of times someone has done this is crazy. I swear people go for cheapshots now more often than they actually touch. Never really bothered me though, as I don't think I've actually lost to anyone who has done this.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:29 AM   #14
Rookie

UT championship fight, I'm coasting through the fights getting 1/2 knockdowns a round and dominating the ground exchanges. Opponent is attempting the MT clinch the whole fight and is getting countered and lit up. I'm dropping my opponent at ease and plan to keep it up until the 5th for the extra coins and fun of dropping then taunting my opponent. 5th round comes and as a step in with a lead body straight to uppercut he gets the MT clinch he's been looking for the whole fight. I counter his knee with a knee to the body, he now has 0 stamina. I go for the break and he somehow starts a flying armbar. I cancel the break and attempt to deny the submission but the mini game is already loaded. With 0 stamina he proceeds to deny my gates and wins via a flying armbar started and finished with totally empty stamina.
Moral of the story: if you can finish you opponent don't taunt and drag the fight out. And flying submissions don't require stamina to setup or finish.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:46 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChendez
UT championship fight, I'm coasting through the fights getting 1/2 knockdowns a round and dominating the ground exchanges. Opponent is attempting the MT clinch the whole fight and is getting countered and lit up. I'm dropping my opponent at ease and plan to keep it up until the 5th for the extra coins and fun of dropping then taunting my opponent. 5th round comes and as a step in with a lead body straight to uppercut he gets the MT clinch he's been looking for the whole fight. I counter his knee with a knee to the body, he now has 0 stamina. I go for the break and he somehow starts a flying armbar. I cancel the break and attempt to deny the submission but the mini game is already loaded. With 0 stamina he proceeds to deny my gates and wins via a flying armbar started and finished with totally empty stamina.
Moral of the story: if you can finish you opponent don't taunt and drag the fight out. And flying submissions don't require stamina to setup or finish.

Learned this the hard way a few times myself. I quite often have fights like that where I feel I'm winning easily, so I will let them get up after knockdowns. I prefer clean KOs or even a decision win over the crappy lame "finish the fight".

There have been fights where I have had like 9-10 knockdowns and then ended up losing because of a flash KO or some cheese. Can' be mad about it though, I chose to give them 9 or 10 "second chances" :>
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #16
Rookie

i fought a guy and each time i rocked him or dropped him to the floor, the round would restart and he was laughing through his mic saying "ill do this all day until i get the win" he eventually beat me but thats not the point, how can they be allowed to get away with this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »